Join Shelby Forums Today

Woo-Hoo Christmas comes early to Arkansas! A couple of questions also - Holley 715

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by shelbyfan73, Oct 15, 2009.

1. shelbyfan73

shelbyfan73 Active Member

Hello all,

Well, like I said, Christmas has come early to me in Arkansas. I have finally got around to purchasing the Holley 715 carb for my car. :dance: I have wanted one since my Dad and I first bought the car. It had a Holley 750 double pumper when we got it. I pulled it a several years ago, because it was totally wore out, and just threw a Holley 600 on it. Since I am just about finished with its two year "fix-up", I felt it was finally time to make the purchase. I am so glad I decided to do it now. When I talked to Carl, at Carl's Ford Parts, he told me he only had two or three left and that was going to be it, no more, nada, zip, zilch, forever. He said that Branda was almost out as well. Seeing as how he sells to Branda and sells for 200 less then Branda I had no choice but to jump all over it and get one headed my way.

The questions I have are on the fuel line to the 715. Will I have to cut the pre bent line so I can install a fuel filter? Which inline filter do I need? I have seen a couple different ones listed in my catalogs.

Thanks for the help.

2. 1966GT350-5

1966GT350-5 Active Member

Re: Woo-Hoo Christmas comes early to Arkansas! A couple of questions also

Call Uncle Jim at Shelby Parts and Resto. in Green Bay. He has the correcly bent fuel line and the correct fitting to go into the carb to accept a fuel filter.

Joe

3. shelbyfan73

shelbyfan73 Active Member

Re: Woo-Hoo Christmas comes early to Arkansas! A couple of questions also

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the reply. After doing some reseach I have noticed that the 65 Shelby fuel line has fittings on both ends. The 66 fuel line only has a barb on the carb end so you can attach the fuel hose and filter. I saw that Shelby Parts was working on a new webpage. I will have to call and talk to them.

Thanks again