Join Shelby Forums Today

Why is this Hertz car so cheap?

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by mgreene, Dec 21, 2007.

1. mgreene

mgreene Active Member

Ebay Auction

Only 4 hours left on auction and not much bidding...

2. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

Not that it's "cheap"... the reserve could be $125k.

Just not many bidders.

3. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

Now is not the time to be selling High Price Collectibles with Christmas here. I would have waited until the week after the televised Barrett-Jackson that is comming up soon to sell it. But thats just me. :thumbsup:
    David.

4. shelby6t5

shelby6t5 Well-Known Member

Wrong time to put anything on eBay, but there may be bargains with bidders busy with the holidays.
    Poor Restoration, or driven hard and put away wet (or both)

Mudflaps ???

Mike

5. 65gtfastback

65gtfastback Well-Known Member

Was wondering the same thing. I saw it on my coupe search first so he's not using good keywords ....not listed under Shelby as mfg.. has been on ebay before. Probably would have brought more if he thru dust on it with a barn in the background

6. crzy4shelbys

crzy4shelbys Well-Known Member

I'd seen that one before, too. I think it used to have a buy it now in an older auction that was pretty high. Serious buyers probably know it from before and know the reserve is probably high, so that may lead to less bidding. There are a few Hertz cars that keep showing up in the $150K-$230K range that I doubt will ever sell in today's market for that much. One that was up for $235K Buy It Now was getting picked on in another thread because it was being offered as a "perfect survivor with concours paint" but had been repainted (survivor that's been repainted?) and had the engine painted the wrong blue, among other things.

I'd guess the bidding wasn't even close to the Reserve on this auction and it wasn't "cheap". That car is one of the regulars that keeps popping up.

7. Shelby~gt350#3000

Shelby~gt350#3000 Well-Known Member

The economy sucks. Nothing is moving. Cars, Real Estate, Collectables..NADA ZIP. With fuel costs on the constant rise and real estate at its worst in 16 years, spending is at a minimum for most. Everything across the board has dropped in price. Its predicted to get worse. Wait until election time...hold on to your lug nuts.:unsure:

8. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Well will be seeing alot of crying in scottsdale....the auction houses were basically begging people for cars this year.
    Vern

9. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

Will ALL of the Vehicles at J-B going to be No-Reserve listings? If so, it should be fun to be there watching the action.
    David.