Join Shelby Forums Today

Who's got a good 428 for my 67?

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by 73Strong, May 22, 2008.

1. 73Strong

73Strong New Member

Of course I don't want to sell my kidneys, children and wife to get it....Well maybe just my wife.

2. ScottsRX

ScottsRX Member

Geez I wish I had it, I need a new wife...

3. corbins

corbins Active Member

Got any "good" pics of the wife ??????

4. Texas Swede

Texas Swede Well-Known Member

This is almost like a friend of mine, in Sweden, who was selling his 68, GT350
    and was asking 100k Swedish Crowns for the car but if the buyer was willing to take his wife with the car he asked for 50k Swedish Crowns. Almost took him up on that deal but my wife said no.
    Bet you don't show this posting to your wife, right?
    Texas Swede

5. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

6. Jiffy

Jiffy New Member

Hi, I have for sale a used 428 standard bore block, dated 27th Jan 1967. It has the triple webbing for the mains bearing support, and strangely has 'nubs' on both sides of the bottom for cross-bolts, although these have not been drilled or machined. The caps are standard not cross-bolted and I believe original to the block.

I cannot find '428' in the waterjacket but it passes the 15/64th's drill bit test. It has a large 'S' scratched in the rear of the block, not a 'C', 'A' or 'X'. It has the following stamped into the boss on the front drivers side of the block under the deck surface - '12 3 J' and a 'Q' just above that.

I have the 1U crank that came with it - I think it's std/std but haven't checked, but I want to build up a 428CJ motor and was thinking of using the crank for that, but would sell it if the money was right.

Drop me a line at jeff.coleman2@gmail.com if you're interested....

Cheers
    Jeff

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2008