Join Shelby Forums Today

Wanted: 1969-70 Shelby convertible

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by sunburst, Apr 1, 2012.

1. sunburst

sunburst Member

Long-time Shelby enthusiast/owner looking for a 1969-1970 Shelby convertible. Needs to have a good clean history.

I'd like to find one in Wimbledon White but I'll consider other colors like red or blue, particularly if the car has a documented and/or interesting history. Both GT350 and GT500 considered.

accobra@peoplepc.com

2. ceswert

ceswert Member

There's a 69/70 GT350 on Ebay.

3. sunburst

sunburst Member

I'm aware of that one, but thank you for mentioning it. It's a nice looking car in the pictures. Good colors (red ext/black int/gold side stripes). The dealer who owns it has had it advertised elsewhere and on his website for quite a while. I looked into it last year but discovered the air conditioning is owner-added. So essentially it's an automatic / no air car which is sort of a bland combo (personal opinion). Plus, I think the $150,000 price is too high for a GT350 convertible (at least he's come down from his previous $160k price, so maybe he's softening).

Here's the link if anyone else wants to take a look at it:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...7151455?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c256f8b5f

4. ceswert

ceswert Member

You may want to check Northeast Mustang and Shelby sales. Bret is the owner. His website is www.shelbymustang.com. It has been on his site for quite a while. When I checked today it was not there. It wasn't on the sold site either. Looks like a nice car. Bret is an expert with all Shelby cars.