Join Shelby Forums Today

Tulsa, OK Mid-America Show

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by S8MS-01904, Jun 1, 2009.

1. S8MS-01904

S8MS-01904 Well-Known Member

Alright, who's gonna go to this show

Dates are June 24th thru the 28th 2009.

I've never been and would like some pointers.

I'll even take you up on some passenger seat time for track experience.

Which day's are the must be there day's and which day's are mostly travel day's?

Mainly interested in the static car show part, but love to hear the cars run the track...

Thanks;

Tom

2. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

I'll be there Thu-Sun

3. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

Wednesday is set up day at Hallett road race track and Shelby driving school and the occasional Magazine article testing day . Thursday is track day at Hallett road race track, swap vendors sell parts while others run their cars as hard as they want . Thursday night is the cruise from the hotel to Webers drive in -Over 700 Fords last year. Socializing ,looking at cars you take your pick. Later that night it is walking the huge Marriott parking lot to see friends including more socializing and more cars . Friday more of the same at Hallett including a Vintage High Speed Exhibition (notice I didn't use the R word) and then the evening program which includes finger food in the big banquet room filled with vendors of literature Memorabilia and parts maybe a concours seminar in another part of the hotel for various year 65-70 Shelby. After you have had your fill of that you stroll the parking lot looking for something different that drove in and maybe the occasional Margarita machine surrounded by many a long lost friend. Saturday is drag strip day all Fords and it is huge. Many parts vendors to choose from. Back to the Marriott for more socializing and the Saturday night banquet and evening program with hundreds of give aways including sets of tires and even the occasional engine. After the evening program it is off to the hotel Karaoke bar to watch some American Idol wannabes in our ranks do their thing or out to the parking lot again for a night cap or to walk off your meal and maybe even some golf cart racing. Sunday is car show day with all cars in place by 9 AM. A huge gathering of vintage and late model machinery. Concours for 65-70 Shelby and Boss Mustangs. award presentation at 2:30 I believe. You have a lot to pick from to try and do or try and do it all. I dare you. Bob

4. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

If TLEA and Bob are going, so am I !!!

:cigar:

5. Snakepit

Snakepit Well-Known Member

Oh GREAT !!!!!

Just kidding - see you there :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  6. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Don't make say anything about strange bedfellows!

:blush:

7. Snakepit

Snakepit Well-Known Member

I Got It - Don't ask - Don't tell :noway:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  8. Red10thcv

Red10thcv Member

If your going to be on the track at Hallett, they will have some really nice pics of all the cars. Bottom floor of the tower. So smile while going through Turn 3, Coyote Corner:thumbsup:. Been there the past three years and always had a really great time.

9. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Well thank the Shelby Gods, and a few other very cool individuals ;) but after misbooking my room after last years show and thinking i wasnt goin down this year, i got a room at the last minute so ill b seein all you guys in Tulsa! Incredible event and something for everyone's taste no matter if your a concours judge to a hard core terminator cobra drag racer. Lots of cool stuff to do over the course of the week and being your first time, you must try everything!

Now wait a minute, doesnt someone on here owe me a ride in a fuel injected CSX4000 cobra? haha:p

Best,
    Vern