Join Shelby Forums Today

The Making of a 1967 Shelby GT500E Supersnake Convertible

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by mherman2, May 16, 2006.

1. cougar

cougar Well-Known Member

Mike---You have a great attitude. God bless you. Hey---if nothing else, here's wishing that you have such a great year that you can use a tax right-off. You already have two great cars.
    Frank

2. 67svtstang

67svtstang Active Member

Wow, very sorry to hear of your situation with unique. It looks like the car was starting to finally progress when they were shut down. I was very lucky to buy several of the unique shells from the two auctions. However, i always wonder who the cars were being built for and how much they had to pay for the shells that i purchased. I have one of the SS convertible shells and one fastback shell. I originally had two fastback shells, but sold one and then purchased the convertible off of ebay in March of 09. I will start posting pictures of the progress on both of the cars. I plan to build the Convertible to sell.

3. 67svtstang

67svtstang Active Member

I just realized something today when i went to the body shop to check on the convertible and noticed this number stamped into the dash-I have the car that unique performance was building for you. I'm not sure if you are on this forum any more, or if you have any interest in the car still. However, please feel free to contact me through pm or email if you do.

I can tell you this much, the photos they sent of the more complete car were not of the one they were building for you. The metal work was nicely done on this car, unlike some of the work that was done on two of the fastbacks that i purchased from unique, but it never had the doors, front or rear fiberglass added. My bodyshop just fit the doors, and added the rear flares, sidescoops, taillamp panel, decklid spoiler, etc in the past month.
    Once again, i'm sorry for your misfortune and for how unique took advantage of you and so many other people.

[​IMG]

here is the current condition of the car. I just pulled it out of storage last month and took it to the bodyshop to have the work started on it. they stripped all of the green primer off the car so they could start fresh.
    I hope i do not offend or upset you by posting this here. That is not my intent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anybody knows the original poster, please inform him that if you purchased a car from unique and it was not delivered, you can still get a car licensed with Shelby and in the Shelby registry-see link here.

http://www.revvedautoconcepts.com/Shelby_Registry.html

4. 2+2GT

2+2GT Well-Known Member

How sad. An honest shop could easily have done that build in well under a year. A couple years ago a local shop here turned a complete rotted-out POS 70 sportsroof into a trophy-winning correct-in-all-respects-except-VIN BOSS 302. Took 8 months. They are doing a real GT500 CV right now, was dragged out of a shop and alley in pieces. They are at the 10 month point, but in fairness they had to wait 3 months for the owner to deliver the engine and trans. Either car totaled far less cost to deliver than the typical payment to UP.

5. 67svtstang

67svtstang Active Member

Oops, posted in the wrong thread.