Join Shelby Forums Today

Tachometer Repair

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by tommyleea, Nov 11, 2007.

1. tachman

tachman Member

wrong:
    this information is not true! early tachs were not made up of military surplus parts. I learned in line tachs from George Miser of Faira in 1979 and he taught me everything, over the phone, about ford tachs. Faria used quality parts in their tach, I don't know who this is in New Mexico, but some one is spreading fairy tales
    gee: The Tachman knows and all others have to make up fairy tails!:dance:

Correct:
    Phil is a good friend of mine and a real nice guy! we kinda work together!
    He does mostly Ford tachs and my specialty is 1965-66 rally pacs and 1967-70 mustang instruments!
    Tachman:)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
  2. Gearhead99

Gearhead99 Member

I had the Tachman do my 68 factory tach. Worked great when he finished. I've had several friends use him after I sent them to him. Never a problem.

He know the Ford tachs.

3. YELLOWBOSS2

YELLOWBOSS2 Well-Known Member

Tachman,

Can you do a 65 Shelby tach that has to come out the front (of the can) and has a rolled bezel?

4. GT500EHPFAN

GT500EHPFAN New Member

The tachman worked on my 68 140/8000 tach and the work was excellent. The man did not try to take my bank account very reasonable. Veryhigh quality highly recommended. the cluster looked like it come out of the box back in 1967 (NOS) quality work. I would post pictures but I do not know how to do it. :thumbsup: Eddie

5. tommyleea

tommyleea Well-Known Member

Received a message from tachman stating he can now repair both types of Shelby tachs. FYI

Tommy:thumbsup:

6. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

Tachman Rules. He restored my KR Tach and I bought one of his other 8k tachs as a backup.