Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby dealer wall posters-Help

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by chrisc, Apr 13, 2005.

1. chrisc

chrisc Member

Hi! I collect dealer posters, parts catalogs on Shebly Gt350/500 models from 65-70. Would like to communicate with others who has knowledge and/or items.

Love 1965-1971 Shelby GT350-GT500 dealer wall posters and banners. Same for "Cobra Powered by Ford" items. Originals only.

Just wondering if any members can help me by listing what dealer wall posters were available for the GT350/GT500 only ;especially 1965,1967 and 1968. I am familiar with the "Cobra powered by Ford" posters" but these are the Shelby Gt350/Gt500 only posters.
    Any advice on spotting reproductions?
    Thanks for your help!

Thanks!
    Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2006
  2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Welcome to the ite Chris. How's your collection coming?

robin

3. chrisc

chrisc Member

Hi Robin. Thanks for replying. I have picked up a few new items? DO you also collect the posters? Which ones do you have and do you have any extras?
    Chris

4. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

I had collected several different items for the GLH-S and CSX. Right now I have no memorabilia, as I included it with the sale of my cars.

robin

5. markboss

markboss Well-Known Member

My favorite is the Shelby Girl accessory poster....Hot blonde with a black stetson hat, surrounded by shelby parts....

and I have one!!!

Mark

6. al8apex

al8apex Member

I just picked up a Hertz rental car illuminated sign from the original owner. He was a partner in the firm that made them new for Hertz in 66 and had kept a couple all these years. I know of another one that was from this person and was offered on ebay back in March but was a no sale (I missed getting that one at a swap meet by 5 minutes).

I know it is not a "poster" per se, but an interesting piece of Shelby history none the less.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26/JimRohn/sept06/hertzf.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  7. markboss

markboss Well-Known Member

I also have a Hertz Sportscar Club black vinyl garment bag, with two gold stripes, and a small white emblem......that was given to renters of the 66 Shelby GT350H's,,,,,cool stuff!!!

Mark

8. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

Lucky me. I bought a set of posters out of the Mier Racing catalog back in 1973 or 74. The set included: the 65' GT 350 poster, the 65 Sebring poster, the 69 "Shelby Girl "poster, and a couple of others. I'll have to go look in the basement where I store them. I'm sure these where Shelby close-outs and not reproductions. I think the set cost about $14.95 back then.