Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby American Museum Christmas Party

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by stephen_becker, Oct 28, 2006.

1. stephen_becker

stephen_becker Well-Known Member

Dear Friend of Shelby American Museum :

On December 2nd 2006 we will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Shelby American Collection in Boulder,CO. If you haven’t checked it out yet this is an incredible not for profit Museum dedicated to the cars and people that made up Shelby American in the 1960s. If you want to see ORIGINAL Cobras, Shelby Mustangs and Ford Gts, this is the place! Its also the ONLY museum dedicated to Ford cars other than Henry Fords’. The Museum is staffed totally by unpaid volunteers and is not connected to Ford Motor Co. or Carroll Shelby . Carroll attends the fundraiser each year as he will again this year.

The Museum is hosting its annual fundraiser/Christmas party Dec. 2 and this is how you can help. If you would like to attend, information is available online at http://www.shelbyamericancollection.org/events.html . Each year at the party we hold a silent auction and we rely on donated items and monetary contributions. If you would like to make a donation it will be considered a tax deductible contribution as the Museum is a 501C not for profit!. Silent auction and monetary contributions can be sent directly to the Museum c/o The Shelby American Collection 5020 Chaparral Ct Boulder, CO 80308 (303) 516-9565 If you are sending a large item by other than the post office please use The Shelby American Collection C/O Bill Murray 705 Weaver Park Rd Longmont, CO 80501 . Monetary donations can also be handled online at

http://www.shelbyamericancollection.org/donations.html

The Museum relies totally on Saturday admssions , Merchandise sales , individual contributions and the annual fundraiser . If you’d like to help or need more information, Please let us know! We’ll make it happen!

Sincerely:

Stephen Becker – Museum Volunteer and SAC supporter

(770) 900-5532

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2006
  2. Ranger Jerry

Ranger Jerry Well-Known Member

how many forum members plan on going to the Shelby American Collection Museum Christmas Party? It would be nice to meet face to face. Maybe we could put our forum name on the name tag that you get at check in. Most of the Colorado folks know each other but it allways nice to meet another enthusiast. I'll be there, Ranger Jerry

3. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I'm 50/50 right now. It would be tough for me to get up there but I have enjoyed at least half of the 10 holiday parties. Great times!

To include yourself on a list of those who will be attending, just click over to the event as it is marked on the calendar. Once there, scroll to the bottom of the post and click [I will be attending this event]. That will create a list of attendees from Shelby Forums!

Visit the Shelby American Collection Website for more information.
    Randall

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  4. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

I'd love to go but I will be in Orlando. Maybe I will be able to rent a GT-H and think of y'all.

robin

5. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Well, how was the party? :guitar:

6. Ranger Jerry

Ranger Jerry Well-Known Member

This years party was another great time! It was the tenth anniversary and special guests included:
    Bob Bondurant-1964 LeMans GT class winner and 1965 F.I.A. World Championship Driver
    Phil Remington-Director of R&D at Shelby American
    Jack Sears-Shelby American Team and 1965 F.I.A.World Championship Driver
    Tom Yaeger- Shelby American Team Member
    Chuck Cantwell-Shelby American Team member & GT350 Project Manager
    Lew Spencer-Shelby American Team Member
    Bill Neale- Renowned automotive artist

Carroll Shelby spoke in front of 400 plus supporters of the Shelby American Collection and gave all the credit to this special group of old friends and guests. These were the people that designed, drove, repaired and made these cars win! Many of the cars that the team drivers won at Sebring, Daytona, and LeMans were right there in front of them. To here them talk about when they drove these Cobras, Ford GTs and Shelbys it seemed like it was just yesterday. It was priceless!

Each of the special guest wore reproduction Team Cobra shirt with their names enbroidered on them. The shirts were later taken right off their backs by the the person with the highest bid in the silent auction that also included a lot of pretty cool Shelby American memorabilia.

A special 10th Anniversary limited edition commemorative medal with Carroll Shelby on it was also available. According to Carroll this was a first.

Some of the SAAC guys made it from back East Rick Kopec, Howard Pardee and Ken Eber looked like they had a good time. The following day they were heading to Toole, Utah to check out Miller Motorsports Park facility for next summers SAAC 32.

This is a incredible collection Shelby American history and memorabilia that is a must for any enthusiast to visit and being there for the Holiday Party with the people who made that history happen could not be better.

Mark your calenders for December 1st 2007. I'll be there.

Ranger Jerry

7. Dave

Dave Member

Yes, it was indeed a fine event. I had the great honor of meeting some of the mentioned guests at another location earlier Saturday. As a longtime enthusiast of things Shelby, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, and one I am most greatful to have had.
    Thanks to the Shelby American Collection volunteers for another great holiday party.