Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby American Collection Holiday Party

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by rshelby, Dec 1, 2005.

1. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Last minute reminder:
    Holiday Party 2005:
    2005 will be yet another great SAC holiday party! Carroll Shelby, Jack Sears (Shelby American Team and 1965 F.I.A. World Championship Driver),Bob Bondurant, Phill Remington, and Bill Neale will all be there! 2005 is the 40th Anniversary of the Shelby American Team winning teh 1965 F.I.A. World Manufacturers Championship in the GT Class so we have a lot to celebrate! Also on hand this year will be 4 of the 6 F.I.A race winning cars, as well as the 1965 Daytona winning prototype GT40 Mk I. You can also participate in the museum silent auction and help support the museum.

Link to Shelby American Collection Website

This party is always a great time and the museum has a fantastic collection. I highly recommend checking it out. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this year but will definitely be back for 2006.

I hope everyone that is going has a great time!
    Randall

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Well, did anyone have a chance to attend?

A good time as always I'm sure.

3. stephen_becker

stephen_becker Well-Known Member

I went - Had a super time!! - Arrived on Thursday to do volunteer work at the museum and stayed thru Sunday

A great time was had by all!!!

C ya next year

SGB

4. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

This is turning into one of those events that is a "Must attend"! I am putting it on my list for next year!! :alarm:

5. Ranger Jerry

Ranger Jerry Well-Known Member

Randall, missed seeing you there this year. It was, as always a great turn out. The enthusiasm of Shelby,Cobra and Ford GT fans never fails to amaze me. I talked with people that drove for two days, flew in from all over the US and some braved the Colorado weather and drove their Shelby's. Carroll signed car parts and memorabilia most of the night, then gave a speech giving credit to all those around him that made what we all love possible. He did state that he was only going to be around for another 100 years. The way he's going I believe him! This party allways kicks off the holiday season for me. I still haven't figured out how to wrap up one of the cars there and put it under my Christmas tree. Happy Holidays See you next year. Ranger Jerry