Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby American Collection - Fourteenth Anniversary Holiday Party

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by rshelby, Dec 1, 2010.

1. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Are any of you headed to Boulder for this year's event? Carroll was not feeling well and did not make the trip last year. He plans to be there this weekend.

Fourteenth Anniversary Holiday Party
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 • 6pm - 11pm

You are invited to attend the Fourteenth Anniversary of the Shelby American Collection. Please join us at our annual event.

Admire the museum’s fabulous collection of historic Shelby Cobras, Ford GT4s and Shelby Mustangs and memorabilia. Meet fellow Shelby enthusiasts and enjoy the open bar and food. See and hear Carroll Shelby and motorsport legends Bob Bondurant, Jack Sears, Phil Remington, Lew Spencer, Allen Grant, Tom Yeager, Chuck Cantwell, Walt Hane, Bill Neale and other racing greats.

The Shelby American Collection 14th Anniversary Holiday Party begins at 6 pm on Saturday, December 4th, 2010. Admission includes an open bar, hors d’ouvres and a 14th Anniversary commemorative poster. Carroll Shelby and our featured guests will speak to the crowd at approximately 8 pm. The party includes a silent auction offering interesting and valuable Shelby memorabilia, art and other goodies. The silent auction closes at 9:30 pm.

Autograph Session:
    Carroll Shelby has agreed to sign a very limited number of autographs at the party. Autograph session tokens will be available at the Museum starting at 6 pm for $100 each. Tokens will be available for only 1 autograph per person on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please do not bring car parts for signatures. These items will not be signed. The autograph session will begin promptly at 7:30 pm.

Our other VIP guests will be available to sign auto- graphs throughout the evening.

Ticket Information:
    Admission is $125.00 per person and is limited to 350 guests.
    The best way to purchase your tickets and avoid waiting in line at the door is to call 1-800-838-3006 anytime or order on line at:
    www.brownpapertickets.com/event/133585
    You may have your tickets mailed to you or pick them up at the door.
    You may also register via mail or by fax using the enclosed form on the following page.
    Tickets for mail-in or fax-in registrations will be available at the door.
    Sign-up deadline is November 26th, but don’t wait too long. We expect a full house.

shelbyamericancollection.com

2. Ranger Jerry

Ranger Jerry Well-Known Member

Wouldn't miss it! It's my way of starting off the holiday season. Ranger Jerry

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  3. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I wish I coud go ...it's been about 5 years since I last went but I just couldn't fit the trip into my schedule. Should be a great time!
    Randall

4. twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys Active Member

As stated earlier Carroll was not able to make it last night. The group present was pretty much the same as last year. Bob Bondurant, Jack Sears, Allen Grant and others.

it looks like Photobucket is now somehow adjusting brightness/contrast. These look lots darker than on my display before uploading.

The fellow at the left is Steve Volk. He is one of the major contributors to the Shelby American Collection and many of the cars here belong to him

[​IMG]

Bondrant and Jack Sears

[​IMG]

Carroll on a video.

[​IMG]

The main guest table.

[​IMG]

Walt Hane, Chuck Cantwell and ?. I want one of these ties! Walt is one of the GT350 drivers who also has a speed shop in Evergreen (I mentioned him in the GT350 forum).

[​IMG]

On the right here is Scott Black. He is the Shelby American Public Relations person and was the only SA person there.

[​IMG]

In the next shots Bob Bondurant is telling a story of a race event that involved both him and Allen Grant. Allen is in the background shaking his head "no" to most of Bob's comments, and then Allen tells "his side of the story". I'm sure there's a little bit of truth in both sides :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. twobjshelbys

This is the "barn find" GT350 (R- car #2). Steve Volk owned it and sold it recently. The new owner is keeping it in Boulder for the time being.

[​IMG]

This is a hood from an original 1965 GT350 driven by Tom Yeager. The hood was purchased by the new owner of GT350R-2.

[​IMG]

I bought one of the Bondurant Driving School classes (proceeds to the Museum). This is a photo of (L-R), Bill Murray - one of the principals of the Shelby American Collection, and a premier restorer of Cobras and GT40, and coincidentally, one hell of a driver. Me, Bob Bondurant and Mrs. Bondurant.

[​IMG]

At the end of the party Bob was given a photo of him in one of the early races. It was a 289 car, and everyone was trying to figure out when and where. Steve came over and looked at it and said, well, that's #23xx, and it's right over there. Bob's jaw kind of dropped. The picture was decided to be from 1965, and either as Spa or Nurbergring.

[​IMG]

Allen Grant and Jack Sears.

[​IMG]

6. twobjshelbys

I live about 15 miles from where the event occurs and know many of the people involved with the museum itself. If you are a Shelby car fan you want to go here.

7. rsimkins

rsimkins Well-Known Member

Looks like Chuck Cantwell sitting there to the left of Scott Black. He lives about 10 miles from me and is one heck of a nice guy.