Join Shelby Forums Today

Selling two of my Shelby Continuations 65 & 66

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by surfmnky, Dec 29, 2004.

1. surfmnky

surfmnky New Member

Selling two of my Shelby Continuations models 1965 & 1966.
    Not cheap.
    For images and details go to:
    www.gt350hertz.com
    Surfmnky in AZ

2. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

...and just what is a "Continuations" model?

3. surfmnky

surfmnky New Member

A " Contuation " Shelby is the term that Carroll uses for his new clones.
    Hope this helps buddy.

4. computerworks

...and Carroll built these two?

..or are they modern replicas?

5. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

I have a "Continuation" Car. It is Produced by Shelby American. it is a CSX4000 Series COBRA. It is a "Continuation" of the 427 Cars that were produced briefly in the 1960's. Only 350 were made and they are $350K and up! Many Replicas of the Famous COBRA have been Made in the last 30 years, But only One is a True Genuine SHELBY COBRA. Produced under the Watchful eye of Carroll Shelby Himself, these cars carry the all important "CSX" Prefix in the Vin Number. He is also producing "Continuation GT500" and GT350SR Cars that are totally rebuilt with Engine Transmissions and Suspensions modified greater than the originals. They too are given a "Shelby" Number. So I guess the big question is, Are these Gorgeous Cars you have for sale (They Are Very Very Nice) Clones of the Originals, Or part of Shelby's Continuation series?? There is a Difference. Well done examples like yours are being sought and bringing a nice rate. I had a Guy who is on eBay from Australia Contact me seeking 67-68 Shelbys and 65-66 Clones, but they must be top quality cars. Yours look like they fit that bill. I think he uses the name Classicmusclecarsaus or something like that. He contacted me through www.vintagemustang.com might try a listing over there. Good Luck with your Sales! :thumbsup:

6. computerworks

dalton...ya gotta lay off the kool-aid. :rolleyes:

surfs cars are quite nice...actually very nice...
    But, the question is one of representation. Are they genuine or are they clones?

"...watchful eye?" ...whew.

"...He is also producing "Continuation GT500" and GT350SR Cars that are totally rebuilt with Engine Transmissions and Suspensions modified greater than the originals. They too are given a "Shelby" Number. "

No, Unique Motorsports is producing these clones, under licensing.
    ...repros...with really no pedigree.

Sorry for the bit of a hijack, but ...perspective, please. :)

7. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

This is a matter of perspective. The currrent 4000 series Cobras are being built today using modern methods and materials by Shelby and authorized Shelby American dealers. Now does this make them the "real deal"? They are everything the ones built in the 60's are and more but rollers go for around 40-50G. Would not the availability of these drive down the cost of the ones built in the 60's because essentially they are the same car built by the same company? Why is the "original" worth so much more? Perhaps people are putting on the premium because they view them as originals. Reguarding the current crop of Mustang Shelby. I don't see them in the same light as the 65-70. Some will argue that Shelby's weren't made after 67 when production left the hanger and moved to A.O. Smith. I do not agree with this (bias opinion since I have 2 69s and a 68) since they were made continously reguardless of location. So would I want a Elenor? No, I would rather have a 67 GT500 with the Elenor drive train and suspention. This way I have the history and the modern performance. Today's continuation cars started life out as Mustangs and "died" as Mustangs to be reborn as new Shelbys vs a new Mustang becoming a Shelby from the start. History is one of the aspects of a car which makes it valuable, at least to me. Does this make a contiuation car less of a Shelby? Depends on who is writing the check. Either way they are great cars. Just my 2 cents.

8. surfmnky

surfmnky New Member

The Red & Gold Hertz car has been sold.

The B&G R is still available.

Regarding the buzz about my 'Continuation' R for sale.
    (See www.gt350hertz.com for details)

Yes it is like the SR model that is being built in Texas. But without R&P steering. Nor has it been blessed with CSX serial #.

This car was built over a ten year period with the best of everything and with tremendous attention to all of the 'details'. Which is the difference between most Clones and the SR models now being built. And way b4 Carroll and the Texas group built their first SR on the road.

The Texas group attempts to find solid and straight cars to just begin their process. When done they sell close to $100k to $150k plus. My car was straight, solid and rust free b4 the project started. Then add on all of the parts. The restoration and you can see this is no 'wind fall'.

See last years Barrett-Jackson Auction where a SR went for $158K.

I have put a price of $48k on this one, which is a hell of a lot less then what it took to complete it.

If you are seriously looking for a solid, rust free 65 with all of the upgrades then drop me a line when you are viewing the pictures on my web site listed above.

I did not think I would ever sell it, but then I said that about my SFC Laverda.

Let the buzz continue

9. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Gimme a Break, I am a natural Born Salesman!! The Unique cars produced today would undoubtedly wreak havoc on an original GT350R Model. They are selling and bringing Big numbers. I do not know what SAAC's ruling on those cars is. I do know they accept the CSX4000, 7000, and 8000 cars. It's all about resale when the dreaded time comes. If I do not help keep the Value of my own car up, who will? as far as the current Delayed production situation with the CSX cars goes, It helped me decide on finding a High Quality finished model. Life is too short to wait for something that just may never happen! The two CLONES that were for sale are awesome and appear to have all of the correct upgrades in place that would make them better than an original GT350. I got to get back to Jonestown :guns: Happy New Year everybody!!