Join Shelby Forums Today

San Diego June 23rd book signing by Shelby biographer

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by bitzman, May 16, 2007.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

SHELBY BIOGRAPHER BOOK SIGNING IN SAN DIEGO

Wallace A. Wyss, a long time Shelby biographer (Shelby's Wildlife: the
    Cobras and the Mustangs came out an incredible 40 years ago!) has authored a new book entitled SHELBY: The Man. The Cars. The Legend. He will be at OnlyYesterday Classic Autos, 10343 Roselle Street in San Diego from 10am to 12pm on Saturday, June 23rd, during which time he will give a speech on Shelby's colorful background and autograph books that are purchased.

Shelby was born in the 1920's in Texas, the son of a rural mailman. Shelby joined the Army-Air Force before WWII and served throughout the war as a flight instructor. Later he tried a variety of occupations from being a cement
    contractor, oil well roughneck, and chicken farmer before settling on race
    car driving. In five years he moved from nowhere to winning the biggest sports car race of them all -- the 24 hours of Le Mans for Aston Martin.

Wyss will tell the story of the AC Cobra, a car that Shelby first built in
    1962 and which he is still making today! The how and why of Carroll Shelby's
    success story will be told in full detail by this ultra-fan of Ford racing
    cars.

Wyss will also be introducing to San Diego's high-performance Ford
    fans the new book he co-authored, Ford GT40 and the New Ford GT. This book fully details the history of the original GT40's and then goes into how Ford, starting in the year 2000 designed, engineered and finally marketed in '05 and '06 a 200 mph super-car that was, for one brief shining moment, every bit the match the then-current V8-powered Ferrari! For directions, please see www.oldautos.com.

Please R.S.V.P. by June 20th to laura@oldautos.com

2. 66shelbynz

66shelbynz Well-Known Member

hi, is there anybody from the Forum going to this ? Would there be any chance someone could purchase a signed copy and forward it on to me here
    in New Zealand please (i'll pay purchase/postage costs of course). Ive tried Mike Herman who lives in S.D but he's unfortunately outta town that weekend. If you are going and don't mind the hassle , please email me for my NZ postal address - snelby@xtra.co.nz
    thanks again:thumbup:
    cheers
    Graeme

3. FlyingBoss302

FlyingBoss302 Active Member

I'm a newbie to the forum and live in SD (No Mustang yet...still looking). I have to check my flight schedule for June, but if I am off, I will be going and can help you out. I can Fed Ex it you in NZ as well...perks of the new job! Tim Zubrod Flyingboss302@aol.com

4. 66shelbynz

thanks Tim - ive emailed you direct.:thumbsup:
    cheers
    Graeme.

5. 66shelbynz

i just wanted to post a huge thanks to FlyingBoss302 (Tim) for going the xtra mile in getting me a signed book by Wallace Wyss at Yesterday Classic Auto's in San Diego. Not only did he get the new book signed, i sent him an old copy of Shelby's Wildlife which Wallace has also signed. Then he tracked down a copy of Kopec's Shelby Buyers Guide at about 1/4 of the price i could find one for on the 'net and took that with him
    to SAAC32 - got Rick to sign it as well as Chuck Cantwell. Bought a SAAC32 t-shirt along the way for me...........
    And then went the extra extra mile of dealing with the Shelby Heart Foundation people (lots of emails and phone calls to locate stuff that they had of Tim's to be signed by C.S BUT got lost in the cracks - but all was not lost - finally located ) - certainly a few headaches just to get me a couple of caps. Thank you Tim. :thumbsup: Living 12,000 miles away......I certainly couldn't have done it without your help and the help of this Forum. Cheers.

Attached Files:

6. FlyingBoss302

FlyingBoss302 Active Member

Hey Graeme,
    Thanks fo much for the post!!! :thumbup: I'm just sorry it took so long to get those hats from CSCF. Never thought it would take 3 order attempts and almost 4 months!!! Anyway, I'm glad you like your items and please let me know if there is anything else you need from the States. It was great meeting someone online from NZ and I look forward to meeting you in person...maybe the next SAAC???
    Cheers, Tim

7. 1972steve

1972steve Active Member

Nice :thumbsup: to see that good people still exhist.

8. 66shelbynz

you bettcha Tim.........already got my leave application in. i understand it's in or near Philly on the east coast in '08 - only about 18hours from here at 747 speed (just slightly quicker than a 'speeding Shelby') . See you there mate...... Thanks again. cheers. :D