Join Shelby Forums Today

SAAC 31 who's in??

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by daltondavid, Jun 4, 2006.

1. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

My clutch disc was completely devoid of material after only 5 miles! I picked up my Centerforce clutch and pressure plate Throw out bearing and it should get installed tomorrow.:thumbup:

2. daltondavid

did a bout 90 miles yesterday cruising around, hit ther Pa. Turnpike to Lansdale and back. seems to be all good! now to address the minor details...!

3. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

We will be there with our '68. We are running the morning sessions of the open track Saturday and Sunday. The car is easy to spot, it has faded paint, rock chips, and a saddle convertible top.

[​IMG]

4. Tout

Tout Well-Known Member

We will be joining a caravan of trailers from the LVSAAC , meeting in Carlisle Pennsylvania around 9:00 Thursday. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express with a group of friends that own Superformance Cobra's, I need to work on a two place trailer.
    See all of you down there , Tout

5. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

All clean. loaded and ready to go. See you all there.
    Tim

6. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

On the way!

Attached Files:

7. daltondavid

I am almost ready but the car did not pass my final tech check. rather than break down, I opted to leave it behind.:angry: My son is none too pleased! but it will be a great journey just the same!!

8. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

The event was great, I met a few people from here, but missed far more I suspect. Our car ran great!!!!

9. daltondavid

I met Calvin by accident!! while talking to his Mother who I had just been watching Race their Shelby, he happened upon us!! I also met TLea at the Concours judging section and saw his beautiful car as well. we should establish a meeting place at these events!!

10. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

I never met Calvin but I saw his car coming down towards the front straight many times. That looked a lot more fun than sitting in the hot sun.
    Tim

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2006
  11. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

I will guarantee you that there are few experiences in life you will ever have that match a Shelby on a race track. I really only got a few laps out on the race track without slower traffic, but those few were an incredible experience.

The Driver's School on Friday was the best event of the weekend. I was an instructor and the track was empty enough that I got some good laps in. It was also the time during the weekend I could take passengers.... Uh I mean Students along for a ride :)

I wanted to catch back up with Daltondavid before the weekend was over, as my mind was sort of on something else when he was there, but I didn't see him again. Shelby (daughter, not the car) loved the event! She is 15 and I expected her to get bored like a typical teenager might after the first day, but she loved every minute of the event (except maybe some of the jokes during the Saturday night program) and wanted it to last longer.

Along with Daltondavid's comment about my Mother. She is now 67 (don't tell her I said that) and retired from SCCA racing about 15 years ago. She has since been autocrossing and still does pretty well, but this was her first time on the race track in a pretty long time. She was thrilled and loved every second she was on the track.

I am going to put a complete write up about the event, with some pictures, on my blog site (in my signature) sometime this weekend, so if you want to read about it, check there.