Join Shelby Forums Today

SAAC 31 who's in??

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by daltondavid, Jun 4, 2006.

1. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Fast approaching is the 31st annual SAAC convention being held at the Virginia International Raceway. I am looking forward to having a break in the action of work etc. and soaking up some sun and fun with fellow Shelby enthusiasts!! who is coming from this site??

2. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

I'm in. I was excited to see it was going to be on the right coast this year. I'll be trailering down as 700 miles is a little out of my comfort zone for driving. I'm entered in 68 Div 2. Sure hope the weather is better than whats been around here the last month.
    Tim

3. driven

driven New Member

Barring any last minute problems, I expect to be there with CSX3020.

4. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

We're in, bringing the new SPF GT, Daytona Coupe and a 66 GT350 original car. Stop by and see us at the McMichael Motorsports trailer. We're just going to hang out, might enter the 66' in the popular vote show.

5. Tout

Tout Well-Known Member

David

Linda and I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express, trailering the KR down. I am picking the car up today , it had a severe shudder when the clutch was let out, flywheel was shot due the previous owners racing. We are staying with a group of Superformance owners , wish I had a trailer for two, could have brought the cobra also.
    John

6. y2kstnggrl

y2kstnggrl Member

We will be there. My father is bringing his 66 GT-350 Hertz and my husband and I are bringing our 2000 GT for the show and shine and a little open track. We are going to be at the Sleep Inn.

7. Tout

Tout Well-Known Member

Bad news on the Shelby, car still has a problem with the clutch and everyone is scratching their heads, the clutch shudders/chatters in first and reverse so bad the car shakes as if it were in an earth quake.With a time table of two weeks to get it cleaned up and ready to go it doesn't look good. Back up plan is to take the cobra and miss the concourse 2 event.
    John

8. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

Tout, we recently dealt with this on a 65 GT350 clone, tore apart the rear, clutch, swapped transmissions, driveshafts, etc, until we finally thought to change out the motormounts, and that was the cure. Car ran smooth as silk afterwards. Wish we'd thought of that earlier in our troubleshooting process, but we were convinced it was drivetrain related. Just a thought.

9. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

John thats stinks big time. Was this something that gradually got worse or something that started all of a sudden? Couple of simple things to check (with trans out) pilot bushing and input shaft bearing. Both will have syptoms like you describe. I hope to see your KR parked next to mine in 3 weeks.
    Tim

10. daltondavid

I got the GT500 rolling around today. some problems with my Shifter and I have to re bleed my brakes. but I will be ready!!:thumbsup:

11. Tout

Tout Well-Known Member

This has been a nagging problem since we pulled the car out of storage three years ago, to tell you the truth, I never ran the car when we put to rest 20 years ago, everything was new when I put it together and ran out of time and money, kids came along and that came first. I can tell you that it did not do this before I disasembled it . over the years I have helped countless friends replace the same parts and everything worked fine, that's why I am baffled.
    John

12. daltondavid

Yesterday turned into a short ride and back home on the flatbed. Clutch disaster of some sort. I believe I will be taking some things apart to see what went wrong of thenext few days. :mad: AAAHHHH..the joy of "Shake down" runs! at least the engine seems to run okay. so far!!

13. Tout

Tout Well-Known Member

David,
    Sorry to hear you too are having some problems, I thought I was ahead of the game by droping this off in early May, I called this morning to go over the list of things you guy's recommended, I hope one of them is it. Thanks to all that responded .
    John

14. cobra427

cobra427 Well-Known Member

I had a problem like this and it turned out to be the driveshaft. There should be some yellow dabs of paint on the driveshaft and the flange, and they should line up. It's easy to test, just rotate your driveshaft 180 and take the car for a test drive.

15. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I just added a new feature to the site so that we can easily create lists of who is going to certain events. For SAAC 31, go to the calendar and click on the SAAC 31 event. Once there, scroll to the bottom and click...
    [I will be attending this event]​

That's all you have to do. You will be added to the list.

From now on, this will be an option for every event listed in the calendar.
    Randall

16. tblackgt350

tblackgt350 Member

I'm coming and bringing my 66 350; rshelby, were you at Tulsa?

Tim

17. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I did not make it to Tulsa. I tried to make arrangements but unfortunately I had some things come up that kept me from going. :thumbdown Hopefully next year.

As for SAAC 31, it's not looking good for me either. I have held off because of work and there is a 50% chance that I could go but I need to make arrangements for flight, car, hotel, etc. and it could be tough with things filling up. I'm still looking into it, but at this point I don't know.
    Randall

18. shlby66

shlby66 Well-Known Member

You can count me in. Theres nothing like sweltering in a vintage car (6S188)
    in late June/early July. Add the crackling drone of the side-exiting exausts
    and the stick to your backside of the pastic seat upolstery and you have
    all the ingredients to get you in the mood for SAAC-31.
    See you there. shlby66

19. Tout

Tout Well-Known Member

Good news, the Centerforce clutch set up did the trick, I went for the CF2 and organic disk, it now feels like a newer mustang and the chatter is completly gone. I will be working for the next few weeks cleaning her up to go, hope to see all of you there.
    Tout

20. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

John,
    That is great news. I've started the massive "cleanup" too. See you there.
    Tim