Join Shelby Forums Today

No SAAC does Vegas event in 2007!!

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by Sandy Galbraith, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Sandy Galbraith

Sandy Galbraith Well-Known Member

Thats what I heard. Was going to go next year for the 2 days track time. Darn it. :thumbdown

2. GrabberOrange69

GrabberOrange69 Well-Known Member

Wow - maybe has something to do with the national event being in Utah just 369 miles north 6 months later. Too bad. I'm moving to Vegas in January and was looking forward to being there for the event. I went to the 2003 SAAC does vegas event and had a good time!

Bryan

3. Sandy Galbraith

I think it had to do with it not being a break even event for SAAC. I believe that Shelby Mfg. had underwritten the cost of the event the last couple of years and that this year they are passing on it. In any event SAAC has heard nothing back from them in regards to the event.

4. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

I question your source of information. Word has been issued, along with dates, hotel deals, etc that the Superformance Cobra Owners' Group is holding their 5th annual gathering in conjunction with the SAAC Vegas event, Feb 21-25.

5. Sandy Galbraith

Well you may be wrong...you won't find any mention of the event on the SAAC website. They usually put it on there if they are running the open track part of it. There may be an event in Vegas in Feb but I don't think SAAC is going to have anything to do with it. Check it out for yourself at SAAC.com:noway:

6. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

I am under the impression that the Superformance Cobra Owners Group does not care for Shelby and does not want anything to do with him. So why would they schedule a event along with SAAC?

7. dv67shelby

dv67shelby Well-Known Member

I saw no mention of a SAAC does Vegas event ('07) in the last issue of "Snakebite Bulletin". I was planning on attending this coming year as I'm sure there is a lot more going on at Shelby's facility now when compared to my last visit in '03. Too bad........
    David

8. ChiCobra

ChiCobra Well-Known Member

Last I heard (from a Shelby Vegas employee) there wasn't going to be an open track event. Now, maybe the whole thing is cancelled.

9. Charley

Charley Well-Known Member

My understanding is there will be a event but no track event. The track is torn up ? They will have Shelby factory tour, cruises etc but no track time.

10. 289Cobra

289Cobra Active Member

I wouldn't see why, considering their cars are now under license from Shelby.

11. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

Latest post from Amy on her StangsUnleashed forum page is the Vegas event is being set up for April and hosted by SAI. Details are to come out later.

SAAC is not hosting as it too close to the Utah event. Timing not distance is the reason. Afterall SAAC had 27 and 30 in California along with the Vegas events but had a 6 month leeway.:thumbup: