Join Shelby Forums Today

News For '65 GT-350 Owners: SFM 5010 current ask: $525,000!

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by SFM 5025, Jul 26, 2006.

1. SFM 5025

SFM 5025 Active Member

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  2. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

010 is a very unique car. It is hard to judge the value of other 2 digit cars by that one. I saw it when it has what I think was original paint at about SAAC 7 or so (I think it ran the open track then) at Pocono. If someone is looking for a unique car an argument can be made that it is THE most desirable Shelby. It is so original and just a good car.

I hope they do well with it.

3. BillH

BillH Well-Known Member

4. SFM 5025

SFM 5025 Active Member

I agree.

Not only is it hard to judge the value of other two-digit cars by 5010, it's just hard to judge the value of other two-digit cars in general--I think that's obviously why there's only been two for sale in the last two years (with 5010 being the 3rd). Owners are just reluctant to sell their '65s now--two-digit or any '65 for that matter--because they're finally catching up--somewhat--to Mopars. What's next?

Best regards,

Neil.

5. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Collin is a first class guy and a Big Shelby Owner/Enthusiast himself. He was at VIR this year running one of his cars. he only gets involved in top notch cars.:dance: :guitar:

6. Tout

Tout Well-Known Member

I need more cash!!!! Seriously though, this is a very well documented car and just behind the R cars in value. With R cars turning down 1.3 million, you would think this is a bargin and may go to a collector or musuem.
    I have been personaly looking for a 1965 and can tell you it is very difficult to find the right car,it would seem that most were used just as intended,raced, flogged, beaten,crashed,to set the stage for what we now cherrish. This is why when a complete car comes along it goes for huge dollars and cars that were dug out of the bone yards are getting over 200,000.00 with only a VIN in tack that is original.
    Tout

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2006