Join Shelby Forums Today

Newbie Saying Hello from Atlanta

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by 69GT500atlanta, Apr 3, 2006.

1. 69GT500atlanta

69GT500atlanta Member

I recently acquired a 69 Shelby GT500...Candy Apple Red, white interior, auto, air, numbers matching. Needless to say, I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I like to drive my cars, so I'll probably put 3-4,000 miles on this low mileage car each year.

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Sounds great...congratulations on your acquisition. Welcome to Shelby Forums. Show us a photo or two when you get a chance.
    RS

3. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

Stop up by Road Atlanta sometime, and visit us at McMichael Motorsports. We are the local SE Superformance dealer and Shelby enthusiasts with 66 and 67 GT350s, plus we do 65/66 GT350 Clones. Although unorganized with no formal activities, we're the home base for "HISS", or the Hall (County) Independent Shelby Society. Bring your car up for the Year One Experience or the Walter Mitty vintage races at Road Atlanta.

www.mcmichaelmotorsports.com

4. stephen_becker

stephen_becker Well-Known Member

Do you guys use Akins Ford in Winder to do some work on your Cobra kits? I bought a new Ford GT back in January from Brad Akins and I saw a couple of the kits hanging out in the service line.

Stephen Becker

5. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

Yes, we take the SPF Replicas over to Akins for their front end alignments after the engine/trans installations are compeleted.

6. cobra427

cobra427 Well-Known Member

Welcome: I live just south of you in Warner Robins. I have a 69 GT350, white with black interior. Your always welcome to come by.

PS: Maybe we can meet in Atlanta at a car show, or Tanger Outlet has a cruse the third Saturday of the mo and they draw about 200 cars.