Join Shelby Forums Today

New photo found on Carroll Shelby Facebook fan page

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by steveshelbymustang, Apr 30, 2010.

1. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hi to Eric,and all
    You could be right about the Lime gold car also...the brochure car has the chrome based running lights,and the one in the you tube ad does look more like the standard lamp,I do not know what number the first production Lime Gold G.T.350 is....seems they were after the first 140 or so cars.That is one of the reasons I thought of the brochure car-it had to be done "early" to allow the printed material to be completed and it only had to look like a finished car.I am very curious about the actual number of cars built.The Marti report for any 67 G.T.350 says 1174 (not 1175 as the club says)Perhaps we are seeing this one as a car that never was;) There were at least 18 cars in the company inventory for use by employees for various reasons--this would include #0100 for engineering.Hurry up and finish building the time machine!

Regards P.D.

2. ELJ1st500

ELJ1st500 Well-Known Member

Hello Patty and all,

According to the 1997 SAAC Registry the lowest serial numbered lime gold GT350s are 00102 (completed 12/5/66), 00103 (completed 12/7/66), 00108 (completed 12/5/66), 00109 (completed 12/6/66), and 00111 (completed 12/6/66).

So, if the lime gold GT350 in the commercial is in fact a production car, it seems the earliest the commercial could have been filmed is the first week of December 1966. Unless of course SA repainted an earlier GT350 lime gold for the commercial..........

Thanks,
    Eric

3. patty.dilabio

Hi all,
    Just A follow up on this thread.Did S2MS ever here any other info from the person that was in this picture?Looks like the PNW just had a superb Shelby show,and I hope that we can find out more about this great vintage picture,while it is fresh on peoples minds.please keep digging!!!
    Thanks from P.D.:thumbup:

4. s2ms

s2ms Well-Known Member

I haven't had any luck contacting the guy but just recently got some more info on him so will try again soon....

5. patty.dilabio

Hi,
    Just wondering if S2MS has ever made contact with the man in the photo??
    This is a great picture and I feel it important to follow up if at all possible.
    Thanks in advance!!
    P.D.:thumbsup:

6. s2ms

s2ms Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I haven't been able to contact him. I did get en email address and sent him one but never heard back. Still trying to get a phone number...

7. jamest52

jamest52 Active Member

The picture is in the new Shelby magazine that just came out, along with many other historic shots.

8. patty.dilabio

Hi all,
    Just realized this goes back a few years!
    Did S2MS ever make contact ??
    A great picture and if possible it would be nice to know more details....please keep trying.
    Thanks P.D.

9. loFerbeta

loFerbeta New Member

Wonderful photo. Appreciate it regarding discussing. This vehicles usually are filthy on the LAX airport terminal plane crank.

10. patty.dilabio

Just thought this deserved a bump...has this guy ever made contact or ???
    Do you think that he is still around ??
    Thanks again for trying to contact him.
    P.D.:thumbup:

11. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

Wonder why I can't see the photo on this post? I did see it on the FB page.