Join Shelby Forums Today

New Member :>)

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by 60's*dream*, Jun 12, 2007.

1. 60's*dream*

60's*dream* Active Member

Hello All,
    This is the appropriate way to enter a new forum, Let me introduce myself as "60's*Dream*" as that's what I'm working on. I come from a diverse background in various sports/hobbies activities. I am not new to Vintage Mustangs and Shelbys. (this is going to give my age away, but here goes)
    I drove a 65 Shelby clone un-painted in the mid 70"s to high school, I attended SAAC 1 at the Oakland Hilton, I paid a guy $50.00 to take a 65 convertible Mustang out of my driveway. Heck it was only an A code that needed a tune up. Off to college in '79. bye,bye Mustang. Attended SAAC 13 Santa Rosa, CA, married with a toddler. Dreamed one day about building another 65 GT350. Real ones still too expensive as they are today. Marrige #2, lost my last parent, bought the family home from the estate (2002) found leftover parts from my mustang days. A Shelby Rambox manifold with both tops 1 4V, 1 8V. Big light bulb goes off... Searched for a 65 Fastback body.
    2005 Craigslist, White w/straight body, 5R09A... no rust, basket case, 65 hipo heads ported (1967 date coded C7ZE) Bill Maier oil pan, block is toast @ .060 overbore and $7K later, it now resides in my garage.
    I commute to San Francisco in my SLK55 AMG (Mars Red) with my wife. If you see me honk. Not that many red AMG's. But my blood flows Ford Blue. I'm scared the garage attendants will have a field day with my 65 clone when it's done. Earl

2. ELJ1st500

ELJ1st500 Well-Known Member

Hello,

Nice intro to the site. I have a question for you. Any chance that you might be willing to part with the 1x4V top plate for the Shelby Ram Box intake manifold that you mention in your post? Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Eric

3. 60's*dream*

60's*dream* Active Member

Hello Eric,
    This is one of the reason's I joined the forum. I'm in the building phase of the engine. I'm not sure whether or not I can use this manifold for my project. As unique as this manifold is in either configuration 4V vs 8V, I am partial to the single 4V. I've heard 3rd and 4th hand feedback as to its efficiency, but it's only hear say. I'm looking for someone with first hand experience with it. I took pictures of it a little while ago for you or anyone to see (as in an hour ago) I'm having trouble attaching it to this thread, is it possible? or I can send it directly to you. I'd be willing to part with it , if I find that it won't work, but I would sell the whole manifold with both tops as a complete package and use a Weber setup instead. Which would be more period correct. My engine building questions are for a new thread. Attached are the pics I hope. The carb is a 4778 700 cfm dp with long nose "Lemans bowls" I have bowls for the 8V set up as well.
    Earl DSCN2381.jpg

DSCN2382.jpg

DSCN2380.jpg

DSCN2385.jpg