Join Shelby Forums Today

Need a Retractor Mechanism for 67 Shelby seat belts

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by rcgt350, Jul 20, 2006.

1. rcgt350

rcgt350 Well-Known Member

Where would I get a seatbelt retractor for a 67 Shelby? This is for the seatbelts attached to the rollbar. I have the seatbelt and roller. There is a black plastic assembly that clips on over the left side that has the rewind mechanism in it to pull the harness back up. It says Advanced Safety Devices Inc. on it.
    Model A Type 108 Lot 6280
    Their address is 6280 Chalet Dr. City of Commerce, Ca 90022
    Randy

2. dv67shelby

dv67shelby Well-Known Member

I do have one Shelby Harness Retractor available but it is a 68 style version with White plastic side covers. I purchased it a few years back from Dave Mathews of the Shelby Registrar & according to him later 67 Shelbys could have had the 68 style retractors installed depending on the Rollbar mounts. My 67 Shelby was missing both Retractors & about a month after purchasing this one from Dave, I got lucky and found an original pair of NOS Retractors. If your interested in the one Retractor drop me an email at: dv68shelby@aol.com
    The mechanism works perfectly & has never been apart. There is still a date coded Hamil Tag on it but I can't remember the week code.
    David Iovieno

3. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

Just want to point out that there is a difference between the 67 retractor, and then the design changed for the 68-69-70, which are alike. And also, the retractor cover is slightly different on the 67's.

4. rcgt350

rcgt350 Well-Known Member

I got the retractor fixed. The rewind part, he replaced the missing spring and installed the missing cover which he has reproduced. Sounds like a real good fellow too. Stewart at Python Restorations in Texas.

Randy

5. 67Bugzaper

67Bugzaper Active Member

A also used Stewart at Python Restoration for my 67 retractors. He fixed both of my tension bands and has reproduced (CNC) the plastic caps that go over the springs. I would recommend him. Don't know anyone else who can do it.

His contact info is:
    Stewart
    214-384-9696
    Python Restoration, LLC

6. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

BugZapper: A rare 67 with white interior. What is the number...oh boy cool