Join Shelby Forums Today

Looking For Info On Fogg Motors Shelby Dealer

Discussion in 'Lost, Found & Looking' started by rcgt350, Mar 7, 2007.

1. rcgt350

rcgt350 Well-Known Member

I'm always looking for new info, photos, etc about Fogg Motors who was the Shelby dealer in New Westminsiter, B.C. Canada. I have a 67 GT 350 that was an original showing car that was sold there new. If anyone has any information about Fogg, please get in touch with me.
    Thanks Randy
    rcsands@northwestel.net

2. highland green

highland green Well-Known Member

not Fogg Motors, but a little B.C. Shelby trivia. A friend, long time enthusiast, and original Shelby owner, told me while in Vancouver in 67, he seen his first Shelby. A G.T.500 to be given away by Muntz sterios. Ever heard of that car??:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  3. Fast Fords

Fast Fords Well-Known Member

I know a guy who bought a '68 GT500 convert from Fogg Motors brand new.It was highland green with black interior.He told me the car was used to carry Nancy Green in a parade and he just had to have that car.She won a Gold medal for Canada in the Winter Olympic Games.He has since sold the car though.

4. rcgt350

I've never heard of that car, but I do remember Muntz. It would be interesting to see where that car ended up.
    Randy

5. bcollins

bcollins Member

Hi Randy,
    Fogg was a serious dealer of performance Ford vehicles in their area. You might say they were the "Tasca of British Columbia". They sponsored several race cars as well. Somewhere in my literature collection I have an advertising piece produced by Fogg around '66 or '67. It is an 8 1/2" x 11" single two color sheet, performance oriented, featuring the dealership personnel, new cars for sale and the race cars. I'll see if I can find it and post a photo here if I do. Forgive me if it takes a while, my collection has been amassed over the past 40+ years!
    Bill

6. rcgt350

Hi Bill
    I agree about the Tasca of B.C. They were a very performance oriented dealer for many years. We spoke at the Lime Rock meet a few years back and I think I got something from you Fogg Motors at the time. Does that sound right?
    Randy

7. 427Fastback

427Fastback New Member

Dave Dunbar who worked for Fogg in those days (probably on your car) is still around and is the long time owner of John Halls Car Craft in North Vancouver..

I have known Dave for almost 20 years and he is a wealth of information about those years with Fogg and John Halls race car.

Dave is a very busy man but if you catch him at the right time I am sure he can help you out...

Cory

8. Magstar

Magstar Well-Known Member

I have a picture of Fogg's Hi-Performance Parts and Service building with 2 67 Gt500's in front with 2 guys standing by the cars . I bought it at a swap meet its Black and white and a cool picture .I could email you one if you want.

9. rcgt350

I have an original newspaper full page spread on Fogg Motors with a picture of a brand new 68 GT500 convertible on the lot with Ken Haywood and another fellow standing beside it. Maybe that is the same car.