Join Shelby Forums Today

Important Shelby News out of SEMA

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by Bob Gaines, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrdoc442

mrdoc442 Well-Known Member

Only those who have been along for the full ride have the historical perspective to judge the accuracy of Comer's article, which is no doubt very well written, and shines much positive light on SAAC. It is counter-productive, and a big a mistake, however, to trivialize other members genuine concerns and thoughts. It is paramount above all that one particular person reads the article. To even have an automobile club named after you is no small honor in itself. That SAAC has maintained a faithful and strong membership throughout all these years also speaks volumes.

I haven't seen where anyone has written why "Today Mr. Shelby is currently sitting on top of the automobile world". IMHO his current resurgence in popularity is primarily in large part due to first Barrett Jackson's muscle car focus at their auctions which bring the current Shelby automobile happenings to millions of televison viewers who cannot afford a Shelby or to even go to the B/J auctions, or bid on the high end cars, and second to his renewed partnership with FoMoCo, and others that have recently followed. Nothing lasts forever. Eventually after the uniqueness wears off, it will be back to the "old faithful" followers, and some new 2007 on acquirers/converts, as the wannabe's interest wanes. "The more things change the more they stay the same".

Doc

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Yes Mike, I watched all 52 episodes approximately 50 times each. the first time they aired on Television and then were Re Run over and over. I was playing with a Japanese built, lead painted car toy while being mentally inundated with cartoon violence being pounded into my head. you need to Google "Clutch Cargo"! now there was a cartoon hero!:thumbup: and the ironic thing is this: Ric Kopec was busy getting SAAC organized with Ken Ebers help. Carroll Shelby was making Chili and taking journeys to Africa. and that is cool. Imagine while you are getting on with life, a group of folks so appreciate a microchasm of your life, that they become devotees so involved that they change the purpose of their lives to pay tribute to you and some of your accomplishments. they become your friends. you race together for fun, call each other on the phone and visit one anothers homes. at some point and for whatever reason, someone forgot to return a call and the other guy got an attitude. from there a molehill slowly grows into a mountain. oddly enough, it has become like the old Fable, "The Emperors New Clothes". Now we just have to figure out who thinks the Emperor is Balls A$$ Naked, and who thinks his New Outfit is just "Fabulous!"

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  3. originalKR

originalKR New Member

daltondave; You stated "I will start deleting posts that are negative and counterproductive". As moderator, you are entitled to do that. In fact, when I registered for this forum I had to agree to this statement, as we all have: "By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Since "violative" is not a word in the English language:confused: , I assume what was meant it that postings should not violate any laws.

However, as far as obscene and hateful postings are concerned, I have read all of these postings, and there was only one posting that used foul and abusive language. That posting was by Amyb, where she wrote "your a an ass and you can quote me".

That is the most blatantly offensive posting here, and clearly violates the rules that we all promised to abide by. Could it be that you being such a fan of Amy B is involved in you overlooking her deliberate violation of your rules, while you threaten to start removing other postings that simply request straight answers to honest questions?

Sure, Amy's put herself in the hot seat by deciding to post here. But, if she can't handle it, she should leave this to the PR group - or simply admit that she doesn't have an answer to give, rather than dodging questions and giving conflicting, confusing responses.

This is not a personal attack; just a simple statement of opinion. Please do not delete it. Thanks, Dave

4. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

Just when you thought it was over, someone stirs the pot again. It has been handled already, and we have moved on, let it go already, Please.
    David.

5. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

...did I miss something? How "has it been handled"? ...seriously.

6. tesgt350

It has been Handled, BOTH people involved have apologized to each other and they accepted each others apology and it was only between them and it is over and they moved on. It is Handled, Taken Care Of, Over, please move past it. Both Parties involved are good people. As Mrs. Forman told her Son Eric (That 70's Show), Stop Poking the bear.
    David.

7. computerworks

...and where was this reported?

8. tesgt350

From Vern to Amy.
    David.

9. computerworks

...huh?

Want to try that again? :blink: ;)

10. tesgt350

From Amy soon after.
    David.

11. tesgt350

A follow up from Vern.
    David.

12. tesgt350

Computerworks, If I knew how to put more then one Quote in a post I would have....... I do believe that Both Parties made up and shook hands. So let it go.

13. computerworks

Easy to do... just put the QUOTE tags around whatever you copy and paste as multiple quotes.

Quite frankly, your quotes show that Amy and Vern made up. :huh:
    ...and show nothing about SAAC and Shelby Licensing "making up"

Appreciate the sentiments, but until there is some more facts, I'll make my own decisions on that. :cool:

14. tesgt350

Thats fine Computerworks, BUT, if you go back and read your Post # 125, it was refering to MY Post #124 in which I was refer to Post #123. Post #123 was refering to the Blow Up between Vern & Amy, not Shelby/SAAC (see the colored Words in that Post).

Thanks for telling me how to add more then one Quote.
    David.

15. computerworks

Well, now.... thanks, that clears it up. We are on the same page.

I will sleep well tonite knowing Vern and Amy made up. :cool:

16. originalKR

originalKR New Member

My point was not whether Vern and Amy made up. My point is that Amy was allowed to use vulgar language and break the rules of the forum, while others were threatened with having their posts removed if dave didn't like what they had to say about Amy. Vern and Amy could become best friends, and it still has nothing to do with my post. I was addressing the potentially unfair moderation of the posts.

17. tesgt350

As far as that goes.....nothing has been deleted. I took Daviddaltons post, (that you were refering to), as a warning that IF it continued, he would step in and perform his Duties. He has been very easy going here and he has a right to moderate when it is needed. It was almost needed so he stepped in and gave a warning.
    David.

18. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Vern was being an ASS and by that point, Amy had taken enough heat and earned her right to fire back at the next aggressive poster. Vern just happened to misunderstand something she said and stepped on his own foot so to speak when he blasted her. I left that post up for a couple of resons. First, I believe in the right to Free Speech. Second, She and VERN made nice and this thread showed hoew conflict resolution works. and Third, I feel this is a topic of significant importance that if any part of this discussion was to be deleted, the eventual outcome would be perceived as "Tainted". :cigar:

Amy is trying to speak to many different people and she does get attacked and has been in the past on other sites viciously. She grew up in New York City and can return a Punch quicker sometimes when she feels an attack is coming on. but that is just my opinion.
    OriginalKR- I have not Deleted one post on this thread.
    I understand your point, but think you missed mine. Everybody needed a break. and it came. Like many other folks, I really do like Amy and I like SAAC. however AMY Boylan is a person, and needs to get the respect you show another person. SAAC is an organization I belong to comprised of 5000 people. If you want to throw Rocks at SHELBY AUTOSor SAAC, thats fine. That's business. Attacking Amy Boylan because she works at SHELBY AUTOS is personal. She alone is not responsible for everything that happens there. I have walked the line on this topic if you really read all of my posts on this site as well as Club Cobra. I joined SAAC years ago and have had many good experiences with them. some of the people I have met through my involvement with this particular organization have become very important friends to me and my family. I joined SAAC to support it for all it does to preserve the Marque. what I got in return was and is so much more. I joined SHELBY FORUMS almost 3 years ago and developed a good relationship with Randall Shelby, who is Carroll's Grandson. In the "It's a small world" files, it turns out Randall Shelby grew up a few houses down the street from a friend of mine. A friend who I actually got involved in this Hobby and he is active here on this site. I have also met many good people on this site and was excited to meet them at various functions due to our SHELBY FORUMS Connection. "Amy Boylan", I have gotten to know through her online accessability which has been present from her first week on the job at Shelby Autos. She enjoys knowing what the pulse of the MUSTANG and SHELBY community is and where it is headed. Business wise and on a personal level, it makes good sense. That is something we have not had before from Shelby, but do now. That said, It was pointed out to me by a Moderator whom I respect from another Forum, that my posts seemed to be heavily slanted in one direction. and that I should encourage more conversation on the topic and let the people be heard. after all that is the purpose of a forum. after some thought, I looked at How this thread started out. And it would really be in everyone's best interest to do just that as well. Bob Gaines reported to us what seemed to be "Breaking News". and it was. from there Amy came on to clear some things up, and the topic started going in different directions until it boiled down to basicly "SHELBY AUTOS vs. SAAC". I do not think this is a "Pick your sides battle". from what I am told by my contacts at both sides, neither do they. Let's review the two Club's real quick and I will show you why they both have a "Reason to exist". the purpose of SAAC is to Preserve and protect the ORIGINAL Cars made by the long defunct, "SHELBY AMERICAN Inc." which produced vehicles from 1962-1970. "SAI" went out of business almost 40 years ago so it does not make sense for Team Shelby to even attempt to do something that SAAC has been doing all this time. they do so by having a Registry for these cars that they have maintained for over 30 years. SAAC also has a Convention once a year where it's Cult like Followers pay homage to Carroll Shelby and everything He has ever done. so hungry are his fans to see him at these events that an Impersonator appeared at the Dinner Party and spoke. they have a newsletter and a magazine that has slowed a bit in the last 24 months due to the obcessive task required to produce what many consider to the finest Registry in Print. A Team of Tibetan Monks should probably have been brought in to handle this massive Task, but instead Rick Kopec is handling the task in Monk like fashion. and doing the work with a Team of SAAC volunteers I might add. Current and Future Owners of these Original cars benefit greatly from these efforts and owe a debt of Gratitude to Rick and his Co Horts at SAAC for their continued involvement and dedication. :thumbsup: "TEAM SHELBY" the Club, is a new and exciting Marketing tool that should serve SHELBY AUTOS and it's clientele of all levels greatly. they have started a Registry for the new cars coming out of SHELBY AUTOS and all FORD products that bear the SHELBY Name. and that is fine. they will know who to send Sales Catalogs to as they come out for years to come. and hopefully 30 years from now when someone wants to know the History of CSM07SGT0668, someone at Shelby Autos will have the enthusiasm of Rick Kopec or Dave Mathews and be able to tell the inquiring individual that the car is still with the original owner, "David Winkler" and is currently being Vintage raced at both SAAC and Team Shelby events by his son, "Dalton Winkler"! :thumbsup: I just read the first Magazine TEAM SHELBY put out for the first time last night. Donald Farr, a man who's involvement in the Magazine industry catering to MUSTANGS was tapped for the job as editor. another sign of Shelby's business belief of hiring the Best at all times to handle the task at hand. It is 168 pages of well presented SHELBY topics from the beginning of his career in a little Kiddie car at 3 years of age to where things are headed. the Eye catching Cover has SHELBY in BIG white letters across a Blue banner and white racing stripes above and below his name reminiscent of the side stripes on a SHELBY Mustang. A Trade marked COBRA logo is tastefully placed in the open space of the letter "L". I like that. beneath it, Carroll is leaning on a Red 2007 40th Anniversary "Super Snake" that is parked alongside CSX 2000 (The first COBRA ever) and a 2008 Shelby GT convertible and a 2007 SHELBY GT. it is a carefully choregraphed arrangement of cars that shows "The Man in Black" with a smile. wearing a FORD Logo hat symbolic of his reunited business relationship with them. and the cars color scheme shows America in Red White and Blue. second only to the name SHELBY on this cover is an interesting "Title" that was chosen for this first edition. in white and then Yellow letters done in Bold print you will see, "Back to the FUTURE". that sums it all up nicely. and I think that is where we all need to be. what is happening here is something Good. SAAC and SHELBY AUTOS can only benefit from one anothers existence. I hope that sooner rather than later Cooler heads on both sides will come to see this and work forward to bridging this unnecessary gap that has grown between them.

19. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

You guys really need to let it go!
    It is over.
    I apologized however i dont like my being a complete A-hole being emphasized non stop.....we all have our brain farts every once in a while were we say something stupid!

Furthermore, i also just picked up my 'SHELBY' magazine and i was very impressed! If this is any indication of the new shelby club than count me in. as long as the classics are well represented i dont see a reason why we should be against this new club, in fact i am looking foward to being a member of the new club.
    No change can ever been liked by everyone and for a while i was not pleased with the change however, after reading the magazine i feel like it may be for the better.

Sincerely thumbsup:
    Vern

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2007
  20. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Nothing has been deleted. Please keep this thread on topic. The topic is not about our policies. If you have a question or comment about our policies, please post it in our General Site Info and Help forum. Thanks!
    Randall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.