Join Shelby Forums Today

I hope Vipers are allowed..

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by CS14, Jun 30, 2009.

1. CS14

CS14 New Member

Nice site with all they "Shelby discussions" going on. As a Viper owner with the Shelby Edition it some times can be a little lonely at other forums...

:thumbsup:

/Peter

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Welcome Peter. I saw some photos of your Viper in the gallery. Very cool! :thumbup: We've had some discussions about the Shelby edition Viper from time to time. There's a few other Shelby Viper owners on the site.
    Randall
    [​IMG]

3. CS14

CS14 New Member

Hi Randall and thanks for your comments!

Yea, the Shelby Edition of the Viper isn’t often somebody has seen but it really exist and fun you say this are some other on this site who has one of these.

My car is a -96 and no. 14 of 50 but what I have been informed about is that Fitzgerald Motorsport doesn’t made all the 50 they had planned. Besides my model in white they also made one more model based on RT/10, in black (1-25) and also a red GTS, I don’t know the number of that production.

Fun thing is that I have all the documentation on my car from new included a nice leather folder with certificate personally signed by Dan Fitzgerald and Carroll Shelby included photos from the work shop. The car has only around 10.000 miles in the rear mirror from new and is in extremely fine condition.

If other “Viper CS owner” read this, tell us some info about your cars, and picture of cause.

Cheers Peter

4. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

Wecome Peter, Vipers are welcome.............:thumbsup:

5. J.Bailey

J.Bailey Well-Known Member

has 8,000 miles on it. It's an immaculate car. Scary to drive. These things are deadly. I have all of the documentation as well and a ton of information on the "Shelby Vipers". I spoke with the new owner at Fitzgerald after I bought mine. He had actually worked on a lot of the cars. They built 22 total Shelby Vipers. 21 RT/10's and 1 red GTS. One RT/10 was totalled a few years back so only 21 remain. There are no replacement parts for the nose, bumper, etc. There is a long thread on here that I started and the members here contributed a ton of information. It's worth reading.

"Shelby Edition Viper" or "Shelby Viper RT/10 CS" (always in quotation marks) you can get a ton of data. Let me know if I can help in any way. J.Bailey.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
  6. CS14

CS14 New Member

I found the thread, the search finction is fine.... :whistle:

/P

7. viperguy

viperguy New Member

I am new to this site. I own and I am the original owner of the #1 and the only 1 made, (97GTS Shelby SC Viper. It is Red with Gold stripes.

8. CS14

CS14 New Member

Hi and welcome Viperguy!

So you have the red one.... :) Must say, very nice car you have and one of a kind! Fun to reach a new owner of the Shelby Viper, some of us are listed on this site so we are not alone. I’m located in Sweden and have no. 14 of 21 made RT/10 (20 still alive). Put in some pictures of your car, so we can have a closer look of it.

Cheers Peter :thumbsup:

9. J.Bailey

J.Bailey Well-Known Member

Haven't seen any Shelby Vipers for sale in...

about 2 years. Have you guys? Since we know who owns 4 of them who owns the other 17? Any members of this site own a Shelby Viper?