Join Shelby Forums Today

How many 67 GT500's left?

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by mherman2, Nov 26, 2007.

1. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

Of the 2048 Shelby GT500's made is there anyway to accurately tell how many are still left??

Mike

P.S. I got word from Vince that my 68 Gt500KR is 1 of 5, Highland Green, White Top.

2. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

There is no accurate way to tell. I am sure that some of the cars will survive and never be "accounted for". I counted the percentage of cars once and it seems to me it was around 75%. You need to factor in the fakes and the hidden cars....the cars that have not been found, the cars that have been crushed, untitled cars, blah, blah, blah. My guess is 1743.

:doh:

3. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

I think that is an accurate number. I have ahd this discussion with the Registrar and he feels the same way.:guns:

4. 1175

1175 Well-Known Member

Of the number left, I wonder how many are in some sort of disrepair or undergoing some sort of restoration? The number of complete cars is probably a lot less than most would think.
    Jon

5. owenkelley

owenkelley Member

I asked the '67 registrar this very questions a few month back and his estimation at that time was roughly 1500 '67 GT500's probably still exist. He told me that alot of people do not put their cars in the registry for one reason or another, even though it is really a benefit for them to do so. If I was looking at buying a classic Shelby and I could verify that it had been in the Registry for a number of years I would feel much more comfortable buying that car than one that was not listed in the Regstry.

6. dc-dd

dc-dd Well-Known Member

I could not agree more it is in the owners best intrest to get that information into that book. All you have to do is ask to remain anonymous and your name will not appear. But you have everything to gain by filling that registry with all your info and history of your car. I have begged people to send in the info heck even offered to send it in for them and they still insist on not doing it????

Dominic