Join Shelby Forums Today

HELP is needed on 68 350 car #84

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by tim the blaster, Mar 28, 2005.

1. tim the blaster

tim the blaster New Member

Hello out there, just aquired a 68 shelby very early car and need some help in determining what this car was. Ford vin number for car number 11 is 1700 cars after this car which is number 00084, also has a large tag inside driver door that is inconsistant with the special vehicle long and narrow type, this tag is wide like 66 mustang. Tailpanel is hand cut out to accept taillight panel for 68, dual number tag, sm gauges mounted in right side of dash inc vacuume for supercharger. Car was built as 4 speed but has correct auto setup. What i need to know is i am in process of 100 percent nut and bolt resto and want to make sure i know what i have before i do something incorrect for this particular car. Know it was a dealer outside of Detroit because still has Ray Whitfield Ford bumper sticker to match car 84 in Shelby Registry. Thanks in advance to anyone who can set me straight. Tim

2. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Tim, some pictures would be more beneficial at this point. you can e-mail me some pictures if you want me to take a look for you. I need to see your Shelby Vin Tag, Door Tag, and anything that would make the Car a Shelby. what condition is it in?? your description sounds like a Shell with not much there. do you know any previous owners? what is the Cars history?