Join Shelby Forums Today

guardsman blue paint code ?

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by eljimb0, Nov 27, 2007.

1. eljimb0

eljimb0 Well-Known Member

A fellow poster here is trying to get his european paint supplier to create
    1964 Ford Guardsman Blue.. How can we help him..
    Is there a code or a formula that he can use?? His painter is having no luck.
    thanks,
    Jimbo (for Anders)

2. SFM6S006

SFM6S006 Well-Known Member

Thank you Jim

I just want to add to this, that I have already supplied the painter with these 4 different paint numbers/codes :

Ford Color Code 1622-A, R-M Reference Number A-1630, Ditzler/PPG Reference Number 12832, Dupont Reference Number 4483

The paint shop, which is a very large and reputable shop here, cannot make anything out of these codes other than it is a blue, NON metallic paint.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Anders

3. Sandy Galbraith

Sandy Galbraith Well-Known Member

Not sure how accurate this is but I was told that there is NO official color of Guardsman blue from Ford. It was just a blue that they shot the Cobras with. Since Shelby in Vegas is making the 4000 series painted "that" color they may be able to help you out. Good luck.:unsure:

4. shlby66

shlby66 Well-Known Member

Just a thought: "Glasurit Paint systems", which are European produced, are
    used by a lot of paint shops here in the US. Perhaps they (Glasurit ) have a paint code for Guardsman Blue. If so, there may be a cross reference number that may work in Europe.
    shlby66

5. SFM6S006

Anyone have a contact info Shelby american regarding the color codes they use nowadays?

Usually the paint shop can decode most of the paint codes we bring them, also the vintage ones, but this one just turns up as being a non metallic blue which is not what I´m looking for.

Am I correct when I believe that this color also is the one used for the Le Mans stripes on the 65 and 66 GT350´s?

Anyone have the modern day paint code for this stripes?

Thank you
    Anders

6. eljimb0

7. eljimb0

Anders I can send you a sample of the paint.. Yes it is the color used for the "lemans" stripes on 1965 GT 350's.
    jimbo

8. SFM6S006

Jimbo

Thank you very much for your help. I have given the info to the paintshop and now awaiting their answer. Hope it works now.

Anders

9. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hi to Anders! I contacted the local Sikkens paint shop and the code number for PPG 12832 did not help him either.He said if a sample was available,he could scan it and match it.It is also known as 1964 Mercury code F Pacific Blue (both Ford & Mercury use M30J-1622) I called another shop and found the Sherwin-Williams code is JJ.The formula given by one of the posters should help the most..Good luck.:)

10. g350t

g350t Active Member

This is very interesting, because just last month, I had a pint of Guardsman Blue mixed at the local paint shop, and the Brand Code they used was 12832. The color is a perfect match for the stripe on my 1966 gt 350. The paint is PPG Delstar DAR Acrylic Enamel, which is a single stage paint. The OEM code is D-F, F and the revision code is 7-23-1975. The mixing scheme is DELSTAR(DAR) and the description is Guardsman Blue Poly, Pacific Blue Poly. I hope this helps, Russ