Join Shelby Forums Today

GT350 radio delete

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by sportyworty, Apr 6, 2005.

1. sportyworty

sportyworty Member

My 66 GT 350 has one of those correct size after market cassette decks in it so I bought an original radio delete plate to replace the radio. Here is my question.. I had a 65 GT 350 that was an original radio delete car and it had no antenna, well the 66 has one. I guess I did not think this through. How were the radio delete cars set up originally regarding the antenna? I would greatly appreciate some insight. :confused:

2. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

Re: radio delete

Most deletes' had fenders that didn't have the antennae hole punched through. We just did a clone 65 GT350 that we did radio delete, if you look at the pass. side fender in the right light, you can see where the hole would be punched, the outline in the sheet metal. A radio delete plate w/an antennae wouldn of course not be right, but I'm always of the opinion, it's your car, who cares what anyone else thinks or says about what you do to it. If you need your tunes while driving, I guess you'd want to have a radio after all. I