Join Shelby Forums Today

Good News from Unique Performance

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by mherman2, Oct 16, 2007.

1. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

Dave,

I believe the main issue was overheating. When Unique brought me down there this summer I took a ride in a Supersnake which had a new cooling system on it. I do not believe it was anything mechanical, just trying to keep 725 horses cool.

Mike

2. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Since they have 725 horse....i was wondering....what are the performance numbers on those cars.
    0-60?
    1/4?
    Best Regards,
    Vern

3. mherman2

I have ridden in them. 0-60 is 3.7 secs in the Supersnake. That was at 725hp, the new EFI engines have dyno'd at 900+. Not sure on the 1/4, guessing 10 secs.

Mike

4. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

Worthy of cross-posting is this post by Don From Shelby Engines made on ClubCobra today to clarify some of the engine dialog...

5. FlyingBoss302

FlyingBoss302 Active Member

Hey Mike,
    Did you have to evacuate yesterday? We had some friends from Carmel Valley come stay with us. If you need a place to store the car, I've got a one car garage just north of Mission Valley. Tim

6. mherman2

Well boys, I filed a lawsuit today that's all I can say.

I did hear Shelby is talking to Unique about finishing the 80+ cars for them that are not finished. That would be the best possible scenario, have your car actually produced by Shelby American. Alternatively, getting my money back would nice too!!!!

Wish me luck.

Mike

7. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

Good luck.... hope it all works out

FWIW, Shelby American is dead...doesn't exist anymore.
    You could have your car finished by Shelby Autos, though....the place in Vegas that hops up production cars. :cool:

8. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

I wished you launched litigation last year when I suggested it,, but today I do wish you luck! it will be interesting to see what if any registry the car (If it is ever built) will be documented in! what an interesting day this has been!

9. alxinya

alxinya Active Member

what kind of suspesnsion work needs to be done to get an old mustang with 725hp to actually stick enough to do 60 in 3.7 sec.
    I love the idea of taking an old "LOOK" and updating the technology like the currant mustang and the camaro if it comes out but in no way can you compare them to an original collector piece. They have two different meanings all together.
    Alex

10. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

From another forum:

Things are not looking good for Unique...today I went by there and they were closed. The local Farmers Branch police were there as well as a TxDOT official supervising the removal (via tow trucks) of both finished and unfinished cars.

I have looked at these cars up close and they are not worth half of what people are paying for them. The fit and finish is marginal at best, nothing like you would expect from a $150K+ car.

11. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

WOW, I am sorry to hear all of this about UP. That had a great thing going. I guess they just saw too much green to keep it going in the right direction. R.I.P. Unique.
    David.

12. Coralsnake

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. Not Rest in Peace, but I wish them exactly what they deserve. It sounds like they weren't very good at building cars or very good businessmen. Hopefully, Mike and the others get some satisfaction. Good Luck, Mike.

13. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

I just don't like to speak ill of the Dead.................
    David.

14. Frank143

Frank143 Member

With the police there, they should take all of the people who did this to the company, Bobby Sign, Kerry Keating, and the master, Doug Hasty, and lock them up for good.:D

Who in there right mind screws up 16 mill in business? They all took the money and ran for the hills.

Time will tell, they will all be behind bars..:)

Just some thoughts..:p

15. Coralsnake

Yeah,... and arrest their dog too! (do they have a dog?)

16. Frank143

Frank143 Member

And if the pooch new what the deal was too, then off to the pound with him also...:huh:

I heard the feds went into UP today, and took all of the computers and files along with the cars in the back.. 5 different buildings full of cars..

I guess its going to be a long night for the UP group!! :D

Feeling some what better,

Me..

17. Charley

Charley Well-Known Member

Found this post on another site.

"I bought a 71 camaro from a garage sale that they had back in Aug. I have been contacted by the FBI and they will be sending someone out to see if the car is stolen. Rumor has it that they have been buy some stolen cars and removing the vin numbers. The FBI and Farmers Branch PD shut them down last Friday."

18. jbsteven

jbsteven Well-Known Member

geez, it just keeps getting better and better.

19. 67Bugzaper

67Bugzaper Active Member

I couldn't agree more. It is clear that these guys had no idea what they were doing. Their business model was flawed and they kept taking money from people even after they knew they couldn't deliver cars. Successful companies grow and build over time. These guys were in over their heads from day one.

20. Frank143

Frank143 Member

Here is one for ya, I think that you are all wet in your thinking. As far as I know these men are on there 4th business of doing this stuff. They did it in an insurance biz (15 mill) a concrete company (bankrupt) and then on a workers comp biz (2 mill). Now they got a few more people with the car biz (16 mill and counting).

All I can say, is that I am one that is happy to hear that the FEDS have taken charge of this mess. And that one day soon, Doug gets to meet ( bubby ) in the shower of the state prison system, and he asks him to pass the soap.. :unsure:

Now that would be a good book.:p
    Question, how do you all think CSL is going to handle the unfinished cars??

Just more thoughts..:cool: