Join Shelby Forums Today

Carroll Shelby sinks to new lows - "retroactive" Shelbys

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by 67200F5A02206, Oct 19, 2009.

1. socalwrench

socalwrench Member

What's interesting about this is, from the last few things I've been reading- Carroll Shelby is slowing down on special edition cars. I mean, he's great, but not getting any younger. It's only a matter of time. Once Carroll Shelby passes away, anything that comes out of SAI won't be a true Shelby in my book. Basically, without his approval you can't put the name on it.

2. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

I swear I have heard people saying this since 1985. Don't count your chickens.....

:thumbsup:

3. Heim

Heim Member

I really appreciate the GT's and GT500's. I was fortunate enough to find and aquire 06GTH236. It takes you back 40 years when out crusin and listening
    to the oldies. That car gets lots of looks and sure makes one smile when
    driving it. That alone makes the car worth the money. If it retains its value
    or increases in value even better. Now I just need to pair it up with an original 66GTH.
    Thanks Carroll

4. socalwrench

socalwrench Member

One thing is for sure- the old and original GT350s and GT500 (read 65-70) will always be worth more in mind- both sentimentally and financially.

5. 2+2GT

2+2GT Well-Known Member

Sure. Even if Shelby American cut a deal with Dynacorn and started cranking out new "65" GT 350's, that wouldn't change history.

6. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

That won't happen so we don't have to worry about that.

7. 2+2GT

2+2GT Well-Known Member

Worry? I'd welcome it. Might cut down on the fakes. And people who actually wanted to drive such a car wouldn't have to worry about denting a car worth as much as a house.