Join Shelby Forums Today

"Big Daddy Super Cruise 2" July 19, 2008

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by tesgt350, Jan 27, 2008.

1. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

Since the First BIG DADDY SUPER CRUISE was a success, I was asked to make it an Annual Event. MESTENGO F/X, Inc. is now organizing the "Big Daddy Super Cruise 2." The Super Cruise will leave Tallahassee Florida
    on Saturday July 19, 2008 and head to the BIG DADDY DON GARLITS MUSEUM OF DRAG RACING in Ocala Florida. The starting point is the Wal Mart Parking Lot on Apalachee Parkway. You should plan to be there no later then 6:30am because I plan to have a Drivers Meeting at 6:45am so we can begin rolling at 7:00am. Registration is just $15.00 per person. Registration
    includes Entry into both Museums. Cash, Check and Money Orders are accepted on Registrations till June 10th and "CASH ONLY" after that. Checks & Money Orders made out to David Hawkins and put "Super Cruise" on the Memo Line. Please check back here often for up dates. Call me with any questions you may have.
    The Big NEWS is that this year, everyone who Registers for this Event, will get to Meet Don Garlits for Autographs and Photo Ops. You will receive a special Ticket for this when you Register. Please Register as soon as possible.
    When we begin rolling, we will turn Right on to Apalachee Parkway (27 South) out of the Wal Mart Parking Lot. We will cruise just 185 Miles (one way) through some cool cities and towns such as Lamont, Cross City, Fanning Springs, Chiefland, Bronson, Williston, Dunnellon, then to Ocala where we will have fun at the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. There is a Sonny's, Cracker Barrel and a Zaxby's very close by. I drove the actual route that we will be taking many times for the First Cruise and I made the trip in 3 Hours and 15 Minutes traveling the speed limits. I do believe that by leaving Tallahassee at 7:00am, we should be rolling into the Museum Parking Lot just around 10:30am. There is a Winn Dixie in Chiefland that we will stop for a 15 minute rest. Once we start rolling again, we will need to get in the Left Lane by the time we pass the Chiefland Ford Dealership because we will be getting into the Left Turn Lane at the Trafic Light.
    I am inviting Car Clubs in other Cities that would like to orginize a Cruise of their own to meet up with us at the Museum for this Event. All I ask is that your Members Register with me and that your Club President contacts me to let me know that you want to join us and I will list your Club as a Participant. Please Call me with any questions.

For more information visit: www.mestengofx.com or call David at (850) 294-9491

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008