Join Shelby Forums Today

AUTOGRAPH SAVER???????

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by james woodward, Mar 3, 2005.

1. james woodward

james woodward New Member

I RECENTLY AQUIRED A SHELBY AUTOGRAPH ON THE GLOVEBOX OF MY GT350..... PROBLEM IS , I DRIVE MY CAR DAILY AN USE THE GLOVEBOX ALL THE TIME.... I WANT TO KEEP THE AUTOGRAPH IN TACT AND COULD USE HELP FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS COVERED, LACQUARD, OR WHATEVER TO PRESERVE IT....THE COVERING THAT THE AUTOGRAPH IS ON IS STAIMLESS..THANKS, WOODY

2. Magstar

Magstar Well-Known Member

I'd advise against lacquer it could make the ink run .What about some sort of clear adhesive decal kind of material. I would be tempted to take it to a graphic decal installer and see what he could do.I just had my glove box signed as well but I don't drive the car a whole lot so hope it stands up. Good luck.

3. james woodward

I WAS ALSO THINKING ABOUT A MAGNETIC TYPE CLEAR PIECE , THAT COULD BE CUT TO SIZE...... WOODY

4. 02stang

02stang Active Member

I have the same problem, my G.T.500 and my F-150 both Carroll's Autograph on them. I asked the same question from my paint shop today. They said do not use lacquer or clear adheasive,. Both will cause damage to the Autograph. The only thing that they said might work is 3m clear auto mask or tape clear plastic around the autograph? If you here of anything that works better please let me know.

5. DODGEZ

DODGEZ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

samething here.

6. james woodward

THANKS FOR THE RESPONCE GUYS..I THINK I'VE FOUND THE ANSWER, IT'S A PRODUCT CALLED WINDSHIELD RELIEF..... IT'S TRANSPARENT A STATICLY CLINGS TO WINDOWS AND APPLIANCES.... I'VE USED IT ON GLASS AND IT WORKS FINE.... I HAD TO ORDER LARGER SHEETS FROM THE COMPANY AND WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS .............. WOODY

7. CSX375

CSX375 Well-Known Member

Ummm, call me crazy, but find a repro glovebox, slap it on for daily driving, put the autograph in for show. Then you dont have to do anything to the glove box, just keep it. I guess that wouldn't work directly for us Dodge types, but if we can't find a glove box in one of the millions of junkyard Shadows, were in more trouble than we thought.

:alarm:

8. Master

Master Member

I took Bob Marsh's suggestion and had the glovebox signed on the inside.

9. DODGEZ

DODGEZ Well-Known Member

Mine is on the dash... :wacko: