Join Shelby Forums Today

68 Tail Light Harness

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by saltman68kr, Nov 29, 2008.

1. saltman68kr

saltman68kr Member

Trying to save the harness. I have new dynamite sticks and the wires are in good shape but I need the cloth loom or cover that goes on it. Remember reading an article in Mustang Monthly years ago that some one offers this service but cant find the issue. Thanks in advance Saltman.

2. Texas Swede

Texas Swede Well-Known Member

Hi,
    There was a guy here in the Dallas area that did this service
    years ago. His name is Pat White III. He fixed my taillight
    harness and engine feed on my 65. Excellent job and a very nice
    guy to do business with. Haven't heard about him for some years now
    so I don't know if he's still in business. Sorry, but I couldn't find his phone number.
    Texas Swede

3. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Rhode Island Wiring will re-loom the harness for you. It is going to be more expensive than replacing it.

Rhode Island Wiring Services Inc
    www.riwire.com

567 Liberty Ln
    West Kingston, RI 02892
    (401) 789-1955

It's amazing to me everytime "wiring" is a topic, Pat White's name comes up. (sorry Swede) The cobrajet forum has a lot of posts on him and not all are favorable. I don't know him.

I certainly don't feel comfortable sending and old, brittle harness to a guy and having him splice it back together. Then bury the splices in a bunch of electrical wrapping. Just my two cents.

If anyone has a good experience with him, more power to you.

4. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

I have had a bad experience and a good experience with Pat White the III. He has been around for 20 years or more and has had controversy just as long. The work I have seen by him has been very good. As Pete has mentioned he has had issues with other people in the past. From my experience I can say the odds are 50 50 . Bob

5. saltman68kr

saltman68kr Member

Thanks for the info. Sometimes I go a little overboard trying to save original parts. Where is the best place to find a new one. The Branda parts book I have doesnt list one for the original tail lamps on the 68. Thanks Saltman

6. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Oh, did I mention I have them ? Send me a private email and tell me what you need and I can give you some prices...

If yo uhave the dynamite sticks (with plugs), the other two parts are the loom from the front of the car and the bulb harnesses for the tail lights.

:cigar:

7. KensKR

KensKR Well-Known Member

Saltman, I feel the same way, I'll take an original part over a repo. part every time. But my tail light sockets were worn out. So I bought new tail light harnesses from Pete Disher the Coralsnake. I was very impressed with the quality of the harnesses Pete sells. You won't be disappointed.
    I'm currently installing one of Pete's headlight harnesses. It's identical to the orginal.
    Kenny

8. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

RI wiring is about 15 minutes from my house but since Pete started handling the new harnesses for the 68s I've never used them. Trust me I'm finicky and am the first to save old parts (ask my bodyman about the 1/4 panel he's working on now) but the new wiring is that good. When you consider the danger of an electrical fire on a valuable car it is cheap insurance.

9. saltman68kr

saltman68kr Member

Thanks everyone. I have been going to the Coralsnake site for the past year since we started this project for all the great free info it has and forgot about the for sale section (Sorry Pete) clicked on it last night it was right there all along. We have been doing body work for the past 6 months and painted it last Friday.So I am blaming all the noxious fumes and not my age for the mental lapse. Thanks again Saltman