Join Shelby Forums Today

66 GT350 SFM6S389 for sale

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by fnkmstr67, Jul 9, 2006.

1. dan

dan Active Member

Hi Dan,

That is true, my 66. I really thought my wife would like the automatic. She actually likes the 65 better, louvers, dash pod.

Mark
    H 714.668.9987
    W 951.784.3100 X2307

2. dan

dan Active Member

Hi Dan,

1. A fuel tank; labor only

2. Front brakes have been rebuilt. New rotors, pads and hardware. The KH rotors were long gone, KH calipers are still place; parts and labor

I have not seen the bill for these items.

I paid $76K - + 1 and 2.

Mark

3. dan

dan Active Member

Link to auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=290004962481&ih=019&sspagename=STRK:MESO:IT

The buyer of my car, is considering selling the car already.
    Apparentley he already has a 1965 GT 350, and his wife says he doesn't
    need to have 2 GT 350's. One has to go. He contacted me asking about
    other parties that were interested in the car. If you are you can
    contact him directly at markpaloian@sbcglobal.net.
    Marks Phone numbers are....

951-784-3100 ext 2307
    714-350-6670
    714-668-9987

Thanks for the interest,

Dan

AM I WRONG IF SO PLEASE TELL ME BECAUSE IF I AM ILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY IM SORRY BUT FROM WHAT I CAN TELL THE CAR NEVER SOLD AND THE OWNER IS PRETENDING TO BE THE BUYER ??????????????

4. dan

dan Active Member

Maybe Im Reading More Into This Than I Think So If Im Wrong Sorry But This Is The Way I See It Not Looking To Wrong Anyone........ But The More I Look At It I Think Im Wrong But I Did Get shocked todayToday Maybe Thats The Problem

5. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

I got the same e-mail. this sounds like a case for "G.Graham" the Shelby Crusader.....:laf:

6. dan

dan Active Member

i went back and bid on a car on ebay that the person who won the shelby has for sale rsrxc700 this was the only way to get his personal info and his name is ryan s refsdal see item so why wouldnt ryan be emailing me and not dan?????????? I JUST CANT LET IT GO

7. dan

dan Active Member

Hi Dan,

Chronological order;

1. Courtland Funke original title is dated 12.17.66; State of CO.

2. Courtland Funke to Dan Funke 09.20.05; MN Title Transfer

3. The eBay winner as listed did not come up with the money. He is a Ford dealer that wanted to trade for a new car from his lot + $. Dan Funke the eBay lister did not agree.

4. I, Mark Paloian contacted Dan Funke after the bidding closed just to tell him good luck, that is when he informed of 3 of this email I purchased SFM6S389 on 08.12.06 - date of my check for $76K, 08.14.06; MN Title signed by Dan Funke, left open for buyers information.

5. Car arrives in Costa Mesa, CA where I live and I as I have explained my wife prefers our 65 that is 50% restored.

6. I contact Dan Funke to ask him about the other parties that were interested in the car. He then sent you and about 4 or 5 others emails stating that the winner of his car is interested in selling it. That's where the confusions lies.

7. Dan Funke, Courtland Funke and no one in the state of MN owns this car.

8. My wife and I are the sole proprietors of SFM6S389. I have all the documentation sitting right here in front of me.

I apologize for any confusion.

Kind regards,

I THINK THIS ANSWERS THE QUESTION AND AGAIN IM NOT LOOKING TO CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS FOR ANYONE THERE ARE JUST TO MANY PEOPLE EMAILING ME WITH CARS FOR SALE THAT SOMEONE HAS ALREADY PURCHASED JUST TRYING TO COVER MY --- EBAY I THINK IS A GREAT PLACE FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE

8. stephen_becker

stephen_becker Well-Known Member

I am really confused - This was the car that folks lit into my ass about me being too hard on the car, on the seller, etc. etc. and now this??

What the heck???

:wacko:

9. cobra427

cobra427 Well-Known Member

My head hurts from just reading this.

10. Sandy Galbraith

Sandy Galbraith Well-Known Member

Dis is som funnnnny chit...!!!!:thumbsup:

11. eljimb0

eljimb0 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I can't keep my mouth shut any longer on this ......
    This car is a disaster. My lowly clone is a totaly rust free San Jose 65 original 4 speed car... all four fenders are original to the car. The paint job is a 9+. an original 65 9" rear, Mexican block with HP rods, lemans cam, 10 to 1 compression TRW forged pistons, small letter cobra intake, correct carb dist, dampner pulley. and on and on. Aluminum T5 tranny (shifts like silk..5 times forward) and every do-dad that it would have come from CS with.. It is a great car I am supposed to feel like some kind of bottom feeder in the presence of this rotting carcas ???? If the market says this thing is worth 3 times what my car is than the market is dead wrong.. beware of these prices.
    jimbo yuk.JPG
    Springs collapsed, wrong shocks, frame swiss cheese, car not safe or driveable, This car may have been a shelby once but the shelby that was there died a long time ago.. all the money in the world can not make it come back... (in my opinion:rolleyes: )

12. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Jim, SAAC allows Clones in at all the meets and has a class for them. if you feel like a Bottom Feeder, maybe some Self Esteem classes might assist you. but do not go overboard and start Videotaping wrecked cars in empty lots...:thumbsup: Your Car sounds like a great Ride Be proud. the car in Question is quite salvageable, just a tad pricey for my blood. $40,000 was were it should have sold for me to have laid down the money. But it was worth more to Dan. until now. someone will buy it and Fix it plain and simple. they always do!:phones:

13. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

The difference is Carrol Shelby has someone elses heart and he is still Carrol Shelby. When Carrol goes to the big junkyard in the sky if Joe Blow gets his liver he is still just Joe Blow with some Shelby parts.:huh:

14. eljimb0

Three things;
    1. In your scenario it is important to remember that Joe will still be alive.

2. What if it's AJ Foyt that gets Shelby's liver...Is he more than before or diminished... or the same?

3. 65 fastbacks are not Joe Blows.. they are not made in Poland or Mexico... they are not fiberglass things made last year and titled as "65 Mustangs"

Jimbo

Attached Files:

• cl.jpg
      cl.jpg
      File size:
      78.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  15. 5S545

5S545 Well-Known Member

So, I'll pipe in here, Carroll Shelby made 65 GT350s out of 65 fastbacks.

If you take a 65 fastback and add/replace Shelby parts, isn't that essentially the same thing? Only built in a different time.

Yes, it's a clone, and not the "real thing" but if done well, still deserving of respect and admiration.

Just my 2cents worth.

16. neelfryer

neelfryer Active Member

No offense to the 65 clones out there...but this was a thread about a documented 66 ...and until the 65 clone talk about "why is my car only worth a third of this rotting shelby"...remark we really had an amazing thread going -- I live in Southern CA and I found my shelby in Costa Mesa and there are many dealers out there with all kinds of exotics...some are really good people making an honest living...I'm guessing this car will re-emerge...restored to the gills and for sale at top dollar or more...it will be in a showroom next to an Arnage and a 996 Turbo...just a guess ...

But I too love the fact that this e-bay auction for that 66 whipped up the nest of enthusisasts, dealers, brokers, tire kickers, voyeurs...it gives hope to the shelby hobby and the continued interest and value of the cars...

e-bay is the world of caveat emptor (latin for buyer beware) -- i too believe the auctions are merely a marketing tool for the big ticket items like collectible cars...please keep us posted on the 66

17. BillH

BillH Well-Known Member

This thread has deteriorated on so many levels. The thing that separates REAL Shelbys’ from clones is the fact that the REAL Shelbys’ started life as a group of HiPo Mustangs. As a group they were shipped to the Shelby American facility in either Venice or the West Imperial Highway plant. They were then modified per the existing Shelby specification by Shelby fabricators. Those places do not exist any more. The guys who worked on these cars are long since retired or gone. For that reason a GENUINE Shelby is worth the money they bring today. Even the rusted out, clapped out ones.

IMHO, It’s all in what a person wants from his car. Got a nice Mustang? Current engine and suspension technology? Great, drive and enjoy the car. Don’t let the fact that a rusted out Mustang that will require extensive work just to get it close is worth three times what your car is worth just because it also happens to be a genuine Shelby bother you. Comfort yourself in the knowledge that your Mustang (If built right) will out perform the Shelby.

18. BillH

BillH Well-Known Member

No, it's not.

Yes. As long as you do not attempt to represent it as a genuine Shelby

19. eljimb0

I may be guilty of steering this thread slightly off topic....but I am not sorry, it was already all over the place. The issue I am trying to discuss is central to the threads "flavor" :)
    When SFM6S389 is finally sold ..When it undergoes the metamorphosis that seems to be the routine for all of these things I wonder just what will be there.
    ...all four fenders are already replaced, they will be replaced again. The seats will get new frames and new covers.. every thing that can be touched will be new. Glass, chrome, vinyl, paint, suspension parts, motor parts .. the floors will be replaced. Everthing.
    The only thing that makes it a Shelby is the paperwork... If this etherial value is so significant ... so be it. But know that is a money thing only. If someone can become indignant about a paint job with stripes... claiming some kind of deceit at hand.. and let this other thing slip by as honorable and true... I feel compelled to take a swipe at it.
    Something akin to noticing that the emperor has no clothes on..
    jimbo

20. shlby66

shlby66 Well-Known Member

66 GT350 SFM6S389 began life AS a Shelby. When Ford Management sent
    the build order to Ford Production to provide "knock-down" ( incomlpete
    assemblys ) to Shelby American for completion, they were already Shelbys
    in Fords' eyes.

Agreed, 6S389 will undergo sheetmetal repair/replacement during it's
    restoration. As long as as much of the original structure as possible is maintained (read: no rebody) and most of or all of its original Shelby
    unique parts are used I see no problem other than a large price tag to
    accomplish the work. It will always remain a Shelby.

The Shelby Registery addresses this issue (you do have a copy,don't you ?)
    and it's quite clear on the subject. Every unit that was sent to Shelby by
    Ford and went thru the conversion process at Shelby American will always be seen as a Shelby. This will never be diminished.
    shlby66