Join Shelby Forums Today

2011shelby - spare tire?

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by fastneal, Dec 23, 2010.

1. fastneal

fastneal Member

-_-how come the dealers dont give a spare tire with these cars

2. rdrumm

rdrumm Active Member

The front breaks are 14" maybe.:mellow:

3. ctann

ctann Member

I think thats pretty standard these days with the HiPo Mustangs. The space saver spares don't fit over the front brakes, and obviously a fullsize is out of the question. Instead of the spare, they include a compressor and stop-leak kit.

My '08 Saleen did actually come with a spare, but seeing as it would only be good for the rears, I pulled it out, and put in one of the foam compressor holders from a new-age GT500 (which keeps it nicely in place in the spare-well).

Chris.

4. mikeljgt500kr

mikeljgt500kr Well-Known Member

Fewer and fewer performance cars come with spare tires. My Porsche Cayenne doesn't have one, nor does the 2010 Camaro SS/RS, nor the MB SL series. Soon hardly any cars will have them. They are like dinosaurs, when is the last time you had a flat or blowout with a modern car and modern tire?

5. Quiksnake

Quiksnake Member

according to the salesman that sold me my car they have run flats on them from the factory so really all you need is the air compressor in the back