Join Shelby Forums Today

2010 GT500 dealer markup

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by jmcaporale, Jul 2, 2009.

1. jmcaporale

jmcaporale Member

Are you paying above sticker for your GT500? My dealer was offereing $2,000 above sticker, while other dealers are going $10,000-$20,000 above. One particular dealer still had a KR, 2 09 Shelbys and even 2 07 Saleen! I checked other forums and some were paying MSRP. What are your dealers charging given the economy?

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I am not sure but would be curious to know what is happening here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I would think that those $10,000-$20,000 markup cars will be sitting at the dealership for a long time to come. Previous years have shown that all you have to do is wait a short while and prices will go down. However, some dealers insist upon sitting on those unsold cars with the outrageous markups, waiting for that one magical buyer that is willing to pay the price.
    Randall

3. Rmg32

Rmg32 Member

I just bought an 09 in New Jersey and I paid the MSRP so I assumed that all would be selling at MSRP, at least for the 09 and older models. It seems that isn't the case. I would have to agree with rshelby, I hope the dealers that choose to keep marking the price up burn for it. The car manufactures are hurting as it is, and yet dealers still want to stick it to the customer.

4. shelby100x

shelby100x New Member

Yeah, here in SoCal, there's a ford asking for $70,000 for a 2010 GT500 and it doesn't even have the HID lights!

5. wylie

wylie Well-Known Member

Look at shroomn's comments under gt500 owner thread. Make them an offer under MSRP and stick to it. Be prepared to walk away too. Remember these Ford salesmen are the ones that jerked everybody around in 07 and 08 with their 20k markups. Now its your turn to jerk back. I know it's hard but,,,,:thumbsup: STICK TO YOUR OFFER.

6. TaraFirma

TaraFirma Active Member

I'm not paying a markup. In fact, I got mine a couple grand under MSRP. The Niche group of folks that buy these cars are pretty fed up with dealer markups and i think for the most part are boycotting the purchase of any GT500 with the markup. Even going out of state and across the country to give thier business to dealers that sell for MSRP or below. Markups are bad business and the dealers that do it should be punished by 'US' with these cars sitting on thier lots for a couple of modle years untill they becom a liability to them.
    Make sure when you get the one you want for MSRP or below, that you drive by that dealer that has a markup and let them know what you paid for it and why they didn't get your business.

7. Kazman

Kazman Member

I guess we are pretty lucky here in Ontario Canada .
    I just paid MSRP for my 2010 Performance white with Grabber Blue stripes . Only thing though , we do pay a little more in $ CDN then you folks do in $USD .

8. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

I have seen mostly $5000 markup even with unsold 08 KR and 09 GT500 on the lot. If you can play the waiting game, you should be able to get a 2010 at MSRP in a few weeks since the dealers have to move cars, no matter what the model.B)

9. steele138

steele138 Well-Known Member

I paid 3K under MSRP on my 09 that I ordered in Aug of 08,dealer called a few weeks ago to see if I had any interest in a 10,they were not going to spec one and have it grow old on the lot.

Steele138

10. gt320

gt320 New Member

Looking for Kona Blue w/silver stripes preferrably convertible for a reasonable amount under sticker... 3000 seems reasonable.

Anybody who can help feel free to pm me.

Will also consider used.

11. wylie

wylie Well-Known Member

there is a kona blue 2010 coupe that a guy won in carrollton,texas that he cannot afford the taxes. it is on ebay. I bet 45000 would get it.

12. Kazman

Kazman Member

I know there is one here at the dealership that i just got mine from . Its in Ontario Canada though .

13. shelbybro

shelbybro New Member

hmmm, maybe that guy in carrolton already sold it... don't see it on ebay anymore