Join Shelby Forums Today

1967 D.S.O. Sheets

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by rsimkins, Aug 3, 2007.

1. rsimkins

rsimkins Well-Known Member

David,
    Shows that we have to add another number. I'll add it to the sheet. If you haven't done so already, contact Dave Mathews at SAAC and ask for this DSO sheet. He has most of them. Probably cost you a couple of bucks, but it is worth it. He is listed on the SAAC website.

2. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hi again to all involved with this thread.This is a great addition to the sheet.It is also a cool G.T.350 and maybe the nicest car to enjoy the best of both looks and power! Nice work Art.Maybe we could/should ask or survey how many owners have a Marti report,and this may encourage more people to help fill in the blanks..I'm due to have another one done soon..I'll ask if they can expand on the D.S.O. any more,sometimes info is right in front of us and we overlook the obvious. Great work ...keep it up P.D.:) :)

3. tommyleea

tommyleea Well-Known Member

DSO 84-2549.....#2030..It is Dark Moss Green with an automatic tranny. Black interior. Cheers

Tommy

4. ELJ1st500

ELJ1st500 Well-Known Member

Roy,

Here is some information from the Marti Report for my car, the first production G.T. 500:

Shelby serial Number: 67411F--0100-ENG.
    Color: Red
    Trans: Auto
    A/C: Yes

D.S.O. Item Number: 3001

Ordered: 8/15/66
    Serialized: 11/1/66
    Built: 11/7/66
    Released: 11/8/66

Let me know what you think about where this puts my car in your database.

Thanks,
    Eric

5. sfm5s159

sfm5s159 Active Member

Okay, here is info on one of my cars.
    I'm not sure how it fits with the build sheets you are talking about.

In fact, I'm not sure how all of this works.

Shebly VIN #67402F2A00503
    Home office number? or DSO 84-2530

Selling dealer 84X999 Robert J. Poeschl
    Shelby Invoice date 3/20/67
    '67 GT500
    Nightmist blue
    Black interior
    4 spd

Let me know if this fills any holes

Thanks,
    MC

6. rsimkins

Eric,

If your Marti Report is anything like mine, you should have a six digit D.S.O. number beginning with 84 or 89. What is that number? That is the only way we will know where it fits in the overall sequence. From your serial number it appears that it is a 411F package. This might not be the case with a prototype car. The question is how many units were in built within that D.S.O.? It could be as few as one or a couple hundred. It will be interesting to find out. You could ask Dave Mathews if he has the sheets for that particular D.S.O. number and then report the breakdown through this forum. I'd encourage anyone else who knows their D.S.O. number to do the same. At the same time you'd be helping Dave with his project, that is to be able to link every Shelby to a specific D.S.O. number and account for all the running changes. Real kewl. I'm excited.

The D.S.O. Item number is still a bit of a mystery. Mine also appears on my Shelby Production Order. I suspect that this number may be vehicle specific. The only way we'll know for sure is to look at several Shelby Production Orders from the same D.S.O. number.

MC,
    OK, here goes. 84-2530 gives us the D.S.O. number, 402F from your VIN gives us the basic build package: G.T.500, 4spd, A/C and Thermactor. The total number of units and color breakdown will have to come from the actual sheets.

7. ELJ1st500

Roy,

Sorry about leaving the D.S.O. number out of my first post. I looked at my Marti Report again this morning and.....

The D.S.O. number listed is: 84-2511

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Eric

8. rsimkins

Eric,

That's the earliest D.S.O. number yet. Was the interior originally black?
    Based on what you've told me, I've added that number to the spreadsheet.

9. ELJ1st500

Roy,

Yes, the deluxe interior in my car is black. According to the Marti Report my car is the only red '67 G.T. 500 with automatic transmission and the "smooth" upholstery rather than the "comfort weave" upholstery.

Thanks,
    Eric

10. rsimkins

Eric,

What was the trim code from the Marti Report, 5A or 6A? I'm wondering if your car was a one unit D.S.O.

11. ELJ1st500

Roy,

The Marti Report for my car says.....

Trim Code: 6A

Thanks,
    Eric

12. sfm5s159

sfm5s159 Active Member

Hi Roy,
    I did not mention in my post that my car does in fact have A/C, as I always thought that it was "dealer air". According to the '97 registry my car did not have air. But then again, it also had the ownership of the car wrong as well as the fact that it is a 4spd.

Anyway, are you saying that your info somehow confirms my car had factory A/C? It sure seems like it is factory air. Everything is there. I do not however have an oil cooler on the car, at least not any more.

Thanks,

Mike C.

13. rsimkins

Mike,

My bad, I meant to say: 402F from your VIN gives us the basic build package: G.T.500, 4spd, no A/C and Thermactor. I think your original information that it is dealer air is correct. Funny how leaving out one little word can change things. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Eric. Of course the fact that you have smooth vinyl means that I've had to add two columns to the spreadsheet...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2009
  14. ELJ1st500

Hello Roy,

I have been going through the 1997 SAAC Registry this evening. I have been looking for all of the '67 G.T. 500s with automatic transmissions and factory A/C.

My car is number 0100. If I did not miss anything, the next auto with A/C cars are numbers 2415 and 2416 which are "413" package cars. The first "411" package car after mine is number 2491. All of these cars were completed at Shelby American a long time after my car.

If the registry is accurate and I did not miss anything in my search; I think it is probably safe to say that my car was the only "411F" package car that was part of D.S.O. number 84-2511.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Eric

15. rsimkins

Eric,

I think it is possible that you have a one only D.S.O. car, especially since it is the first G.T.500 and was a factory engineering car (read prototype). Here is what Dave Mathews had to say on the subject: There are a lot of DSO batches. I estimate around 100. Some with as few as one car. I think that there are no other cars in your D.S.O. group. I'm not an expert and I'm sharing what I learn with all in this forum, but that's my opinion.

I've added two columns and some percentages to the spreadsheet based on the fact that there are cars out there with "smooth" upholstery. Link is still http://www.s-techent.com/DSO1967.htm.

16. 69iger

69iger Member

Hi,

saw your post a little bit late, have one question about ist...

Which "date" do you mean in your nice list - "order received" or "car serialized"?

can not fill out some yellow fields, but may be you can use it, datas from my M-Report:

Type:..............67GT500
    Shelby VIN:......#1323
    DSO:...............84-2555
    Order received:.11/15/66
    Car serialized:...01/16/67
    Sched. date:....31/01/67
    Actually build:...02/02/67
    Released:.........02/02/67
    Transmission:....manual 4-speed
    Interior:...........5A Black Dékor
    Package:..........402F

Juergen

17. Texas Swede

Texas Swede Well-Known Member

Hi Juergen,
    Your GT500 is only 6 cars from mine, #1317 and I found the Production sheets
    for DSO 84-2555 under my back seat in 1977 after I bought the car in Huntington Beach, CA and shipped it to Sweden. The sheets cover 106 cars
    and both of ours are most likely in that production run.
    If you send me a personal email from this site with your email address
    I can send you copies of these production sheets.
    Texas Swede

18. rsimkins

Juergen,

It is never too late to pass information on.

I can't do much with the information you supplied. What we need comes from the D.S.O. sheets. However, I'll pass your VIN and D.S.O. number to Dave Mathews at SAAC for him to add to his database. Some day he hopes to connect individual cars to their respective D.S.O. spec. sheets.

As for which date I'm referring to, that would be the date of the D.S.O. sheet, in your case 1/11/1967. Thanks.

19. markboss

markboss Well-Known Member

Here is the DSO info for car 67 GT350 #130...
    It also has the smooth black vinyl seats....
    automatic, factory Black ext....Black int..

Order type retail
    DSO.... 3327 (shelby info) FORD ID tag...84-2516
    trim 6A
    Color A
    Trans 1W
    Date 01L
    order received 10/04/66
    car serialized 10/21/66
    scheduled for build 11/01/66
    actually built 11/14/66

54 Shelbys with this color
    51 Shelbys with this Paint /Trim combination
    as per Marti report

20. rsimkins

Markboss,

Thanks for the information. That's a D.S.O. number we don't have listed. Can you tell us if your complete Shelby VIN number? That will tell us if your car originally had air conditioning or emission controls. Thanks.