Join Shelby Forums Today

1967 D.S.O. Sheets

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by rsimkins, Aug 3, 2007.

1. r.dilabio

r.dilabio Member

Howdy all! this shows a great effort and has already solved several questions.For years I have been trying to prove the vin prefix was from ford-now it looks like we have it documented and it makes sense.Also the comment about only 1 car that is color code x vintage burgundy,That was a 68 convertible that coralsnake helped to document..this could be the only 67 we have seen yet...the search continues.Great work Roy! nice chart!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: R.D.

2. Snakepit

Snakepit Well-Known Member

Mike "I guess it is for my car only????," No not unless your car was the only one in the group. The front sheet will indicate how many cars were built in the group and with the same (looks like there was very little or no changes durint the year anyway) specifications.

"And refers to "2501"" Are you saying that the Add/delete sheet you have is 71-2501??? Or are we mixing up VIN (car numbers) and DSO groups ??

If so that should be the Sept -66 one and the first group of 500's and the one Eric here needs a copy of (he has the first 500)

Wasn't in the spread sheet also so let us know what you have

3. rsimkins

rsimkins Well-Known Member

Guys,
    Spreadsheet has been updated and posted to my website. To date we have compiled the data on eight (8) sheets and have reports of two (2) others (84-2608 and 84-2632). Two of the sheets apparently do not list interior colors (84-2596 and 84-2602). One (1) special order paint car is listed (89-2609). I've also taken a guess at the paint code for Medium Metallic Gray based on the Ford Master Parts Catalog. This was Shelby paint code 6 (can't say that I've ever seen one). Can anyone verify that that the part number should be M32J 1901?

Some questions to consider:
    1) Is there any correlation of the scheduled date on the D.S.O. sheet and the scheduled build date on the Vehicle Order Image that Marti Autoworks provides?
    2) What is the correlation (if any) between the D.S.O. number on the sheets and the Vehicle Order Image for a particular car?
    3) Is the right kind of information on the D.S.O. sheet to be able to reconstruct a "build" sheet for a specific car provided that car can be traced to a specific D.S.O. sheet?

4. Snakepit

T = M32J 2008

D = M32J 3077

Yes or is the "scheduled date" no better than the date Ford placed on the door tags of all the other Mustangs. Same people doing it so my bet would be no

Reconstruct a build or broadcast sheet?? No but why would one want to create a buildsheet? Has anyone ever found a buildsheet in a 67 Shelby (other than the Trans Am, prototypes or special projects?

Just asking :D

Just thinking ... another way to at least identify some additional grps would be to collect the DSO codes from those cars that were delivered with door tags or from the Mari reports since Kevin provides them.

And of course it might be helpful if we knew what car/cars were in the groups we have. Maybe with enough bits we'll get a slightly better picture

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  5. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

1. 121 Units or Cars, not just mine. Sorry, new to these.

2. Yes, I have add/delete sheet 71-2501, all 6 pages in detail. Refers to date 9-8-66

3. My Shelby Vin is 2532

P.S.

Pretty informative page here on 67's. Vintage Burgundy is mentioned here as a paint color I have never seen a Burgundy 67 GT500.

Have you guys? Anyone know the VIN

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/67-68/67/

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2009
  6. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Can you post a link to the most updated version of the spreadsheet? I tried the old link and it did not seem to work?
    :doh:

7. rsimkins

Coralsnake,

Not sure what's going on here, I just tested the link and it worked for me. Could you try it again? Thanks.

8. r.dilabio

r.dilabio Member

Hi Roy ! Once again nice work on the dso puzzle.The chart is nice!simple to read and the only change now is the spelling of burgundy,and metallic.Also the gray is a rare color,and was borrowed from lincoln or t-bird and was known as silver mink.Only met 1 original owner with this color @ the convention in charlotte in 1991,and it actually may be the inspiration for the Gone in 60 seconds rage..it had to originate somewhere right?Again thanks for the time and effort! R.D.

9. rsimkins

R.D.,

Can't find silver mink in the Ford Master Parts Catalog. The closest was Platinum, letter code N. Could this be what you are referring to?

Sorry about the spelling, should have been using spell check. Errors now corrected.

Thanks for the kind words. However, this is what you get when you deal with an engineer.

10. r.dilabio

r.dilabio Member

Hi again Roy: the color is code 4 and is called silver mist as a 67 lincoln listing,the color number is the same yet it is called silver frost as a t-bird and ford listing.Hopes this helps you.R.D. I mixed up mink/mist.

11. rsimkins

9/2/2007 Update

Just added another number to the list, 84-2536. This is our first D.S.O sheet with parchment interior. Still missing a bit of information on this one. Thank you Vic for sending this in.

The spread sheet has been updated and the columns now total correctly. Missing information is high-lighted in yellow. D.S.O. numbers that have missing information are: 84-2536 (transmission), 84-2596 (interior color), 84-2608 (everything), 84-2613 (scheduled date), and 84-2632 (everything except total units). Total units now listed are 813 or a bit over 25%. Most of the cars are G.T.500s, almost by 10:1.

If anyone has any information or can fill in the gaps, please post or email me. Even if you think the D.S.O. sheet you have has been listed, please take another look and see if it one that has missing information from our spreadsheet. I'd also appreciate any scans you can send me of the sheets in your possession. The link to the spreadsheet is: http://www.s-techent.com/DSO1967.htm. There is a link off that page to fill out a form if you'd like to send me the information that way.

FYI, Dave Mathews is working a similar project, but says it is too early to disseminate anything yet. I'll keep everyone posted as to any progress I learn about.

12. Coralsnake

Regarding DSO 2613. I can not read the scheduled date on my copy. The interior code is "5A" (black)

13. rsimkins

Thanks Coralsnake. Spreadsheet updated with that bit of information. Could it be that the scheduled date is the same as 2609? That has the same date as 2613. Just a thought. Snakepit had the same trouble reading his copy. Any chance you could send a high quality scan and let me take a look at it? Thanks.

Snakepit,
    Could you check the dates for 84-2596? I have the date listed as 4/25/1967 and the scheduled date as 4/19/967. Did I get these backwards? Thanks.

14. Coralsnake

I have two sheets. Actually, they are bad photocopies of the sheets. They are DSOs 2574 and 2613. On 2613, the sheet is so dark in that corner a scan would not help.

:cigar:

15. Snakepit

You have it listed as I see it. Date 4/25/67 Scheduled Date 4/19/67

Checked the Marti reports I have (really have not been saving them) and not much to add. If we watch the EB$$ ads you would be able to fill in all the other group numbers and even include some of the car numbers in that group. IMHO this would be as useful for car owners as the other info,

Just a thought

16. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hi Roy and all on this thread! I was just proof reading and realized that the chart does not follow the codes for a/c and therm.for each build.If you look,they should follow the package code: 84-2574 all 33 cars are coded to be a/c and automatic trans,yet the chart is blank for a/c. Hope this helps and makes sense.Thanks again for the info.it is one more part of the puzzle. P.D.

17. rsimkins

Patty,

Thanks for spotting those omissions. As you are probably aware, it is almost impossible to proof read your own work. That's why in my line of work, everything gets reviewed by someone else. The spreadsheet has been corrected (I hope) and reposted.

I received the following from Dave Mathews when I asked him about D.S.O. sheets [edited by myself]:

My DSO project is well on it's way. We really need
    to figure a way to connect the individual cars to the
    DSO. I am running my add again in the Snakebite.
    There are a lot of DSO batches. I estimate around 100.
    Some with as few as one car. Once again, I will
    definitely share my efforts with every owner and
    enthusiast when I get further along. I still have a
    ways to go before I can release what has been put
    together for the project. It is my goal to have the
    complete DSO listing included in the next Registry.

OK, Dave needs every 1967 Shelby owner who knows his D.S.O. number to send it to him. His ad in the Snakebite reads like this:

Wanted by the 67 Registrar: 67 Shelby owners who know
    their DSO numbers of their cars. It appears on some
    paperwork& the Marti Report. We don't need Ford VINs
    or anything else, just the Shelby VIN & DSO.

I've not received any more data lately and am afraid that this well has dried up. The project is at a standstill until more data comes in. If anyone out there knows of anyone that can help locate these elusive sheets, please send them my way or post ideas to this forum of where to look. Scans of the documents would be nice as well. I'd eventually like to have an archive (maybe on this forum?) where we can store all of the sheet we have found. Anymore thoughts or ideas? Again, thanks to all who've helped.

18. Shelboss

Shelboss Member

Hi Roy, I sent you a pdf of the DSO I got with my Marti report. Hopefully this is one of the GT 350 ones you are missing,
    Art Nigro

19. rsimkins

Shelboss,

Didn't have that one (84-2571). Thanks. For those of you who don't know, Shelboss has a very interesting car, a BOSS 302 powered G.T.350 with an Autolite Inline carburetor. Mustangs and Fords did an article on it. Check it out at http://www.mustangandfords.com/mufp_0609_1967_shelby_mustang_gt350/.

The new information has been incorporated into the spreadsheet. This is the largest order we've seen, 280 cars. R.D. here are some of the G.T.350s you were wondering about. We've now accounted for just over a third of the cars. Spreadsheet link is http://www.s-techent.com/DSO1967.htm.

Snakepit,

Maybe I asked this before. Does D.S.O. sheet 84-2596 list an interior color? Thanks.

20. skidado

skidado Well-Known Member

Z67202F8A02751
    GT350 4-speed w/thermactor w/o AC Brittany Blue, Black trim

DSO 2573

Ordered 3/10/67
    Serialised 4/12/67
    Scheduled for build 4/20/67
    Actual build 5/25/67
    Released 5/26/67

Hope this is useful

David