Join Shelby Forums Today

1965 or 1966 GT350 with Rear Spoiler

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by markcruise, May 12, 2010.

1. 66prototype

66prototype New Member

Thank you for your compliment!

We have had this car for 30 years and it has always been a California car. I purchased the car in San Luis Obispo, CA after looking at a few other GT350's. At the time we didn't know that it was a prototype but through the years we were able to start piecing things together before verifying the car with SAAC. The car has been locked away in the garage for well over 20 years collecting dust and we thought that it is now time to share this car with others since it hasn't ever been seen by the public.

2. trophyyride

trophyyride New Member

Hi 66prototype. I must agree with him. It is the best for me! :thumbup: How much did it cost you with that?

3. stangftl

stangftl New Member

I came across this discussion while researching how hard it would be to put 350 tail-feathers on a '65 notch-back. I also happened upon an article on the '65 proto-snake mentioned above, with some nice views of the rear-end...
    http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featu...ord_mustang_shelby_gt350_prototype/index.html

On the cusp of a pre-midlife crisis, I've been entertaining reliving some of my youthful glory with another Mustang. My first car was a burgundy '66 fast-back ($300!!), with a bone-yard 302 up-grade (the 289's oil-pan "uncorked" at 85 MPH the second week I had it). Some of my fondest (and more lurid) memories, however, came flooding back on seeing pictures of the package-shelf. I lost count of how many fathers rested easier, thinking nothing-much untowards could happen in the back-seat of a Mustang...
    ("Such a nice boy...").. :thumbup:..