Join Shelby Forums Today

08 Shelby's

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by daalbert, Feb 23, 2008.

1. daalbert

daalbert Member

East Amherst NY, just east of Niagara Falls
    I heard that they are backing off on the 08 production of the Shelby's because they are waiting for the Camaro to come out, is this true? Also, when is the SYNC system going to be available in the GT 500's?
    Dave

2. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Puzzled by Camaro no-show

Although it seems that the Dodge Challenger and Chevrolet Camaro show cars were out at the same time, I see the Challenger driving around but no new Camaro.
    I saw Dick Guldstrand June 1st and he said the Camaro is dead. I know there is this 35 mpg deadline coming up in a couple years, maybe there is no chance of the Camaro meeting that and it is dead in the water.

If so, why is Chevy still stroking us by showing the car? At least when they killed off the mid engined Cadillac Cien, they quit showing it.

Likewise Chrysler with the mid-engined ME12 or whatever it was called.

I am embarrassed for Chevy (as a former copywriter for them) that they couldn't beat Chrysler to market with the new Camaro. By the time it gets here, if it's 2010, that will be about two years too late.

3. daalbert

daalbert Member

East Amherst NY, just east of Niagara Falls
    Re: Puzzled by Camaro no-show

Thats OK with me. I've got my new GT 500. Who cares about the Camaro. Although it would be a alot of fum and the track. I have seen the new Challenger it is pritty sharp. Moter Trend has a good article comparing the two. The GT 500 won most.

4. JFH

JFH New Member

I was told by a dealership that the Sync would be in the 09's. I just purchased an 09 and it's not in my car.