Join Shelby Forums Today

Offer to trade fine art for last few issues Shelby American

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by bitzman, Aug 29, 2009.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

A SAAC official showed me the last two color cover issues of the printed SAAC magazine and I offered to buy them but it turns out that he was only showing them for informational purposes. So now I will offer to trade some artwork for them, or maybe you can just e-mail shots of the covers (gee, didn't I do this with comic books back in the '50s?) so I can see what ones I don't have. Anyhow
    here's the artwork descriptions, all sized 12" tall and 18" wide including half inch borders:

-Gurney in Targa, '64, car 146, front 3/4 view, reproduction of original painting, printed on heavy watercolour stock. Signed and numbered in a limited edition. Sells for $65 at Woodies of Carmel. Visible on this website
    http://www.velocetoday.com/wallace-a-wyss-ephemera

-Cobra 427 prototype at test in UK; front 3/4 view (this is the car with the 289 nose and 427 rear end)..printed on heavy watercolour stock, size 12" x 18" including white borders. Signed and numbered in a limited edition.

--289 Cobra yellow with painted wire wheels, front 3/4 view, at Willow Springs CA printed on heavy watercolour stock, size 12" x 18" including white borders. Signed and numbered in a limited edition.

--Cobra Daytona coupe, front 3/4 view, night-time refueling at Sebring '65, no number in roundel, this is the only one where the image is noticeably narrower than the 12" x 18" paper.

Two are visible on this website , though they still have the artists name in the image. The ones being traded have no name on them other than artist's actual signature and are printed on heavy duty 80# paper. http://www.csxinfo.net/web/modules/news/

Also working on reproduction of painting of rear 3/4 of Daytona coupe at LeMans. Painting is done but due to glazing building up the surface , it is hard to scan onto computer, haven't solved that problem yet. A 22" x 30" giclee of that is available at Shelby of Japan

e-mailed images of the covers of extra Shelby American color cover issues
    can be sent to strada5300@hotmail.com

Also will trade any of the above prints for a mint copy of the Ford GT team's "yearbook" that contained color pictures of the '05 & 06 GTs being built, etc. Now out of print, or used copy of Schoen's Cobra-Ferrari Wars.

2. bitzman

3. bitzman

Thought I'd check in, a mere ten years later, I've made some more Shelby related paintings since the note above.. Might not have the same prints mentioned in 2009 but have 20 in all of Cobra & GT40 & Shelby portraits. Lately available on commission as 20" x 30" giclee prints freshly embellished with oils. Gallery wrapped which means the canvas wraps around a wooden frame. New email is malibucarart@gmail.com. List available on request.

IMG_0185.JPG

4. bitzman

Offering giclee canvas prints (look like oil paintings) "gallery wrapped" (canvas wrapped around wood frame).of 7 Shelby-related subjects (including two portraits). $1,000 ea.. Add FedEx in Continental US $125 Write malibucarart@gmail.com. Some of it shown here Wallace Wyss Artwork (ponysite.de) List available to Inquirers.

Daytona coupe. '65. at LeMans.jpg