Join Shelby Forums Today

Hey from Mississippi

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by bjethan01, Jul 21, 2009.

1. bjethan01

bjethan01 New Member

Just want to say Hi. I'm new to all of this of course. To be honest, never really had a dodge. Just recently acquired 1989 Dodge Shelby with a 360 engine. I don't really need the truck and don't have a place to store it. Figured I'd probably just sell it. I have done some research and have not came up with much. I have not been able to find much info about pricing these and was told you guys could probably give me some tips. It is good condition. Interior is great. Truck is white. Trans rebuilt 20,000 ago and motor is 2 months old. Decals on outside are peeling, but paint is fair. All interior is intact with decals. Any info would be great. Thanks!!!

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

NADA shows a low retail of $4700. Post some pictures and we may be able to give better guidance. Do you have the original drivetrain?

robin

3. bjethan01

bjethan01 New Member

Thanks alot. No I don't have the original drivetrain. From what we understand from the written documentation that came with the truck,the engine went bad and he (the previous owner) pulled it and put the 360 in with a demon carb. Pretty much everything else appears to be original though. I will get pics up as soon as I get it back. I took it to the shop to have new rocker panels installed. They were the only bad places on the truck. The decals are peeling on the outside. I was toying with the idea of pulling them off and having it repainted. What do you think? Would it make a difference?

4. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

The decals are available from Positive Impressions

It is worth putting the effort to repaint and stripe the truck if you plan on keeping it. But since you sound like you intend to sell it, you are not likely going to recoup your costs.

robin