Join Shelby Forums Today

Rare C.S. Hot Wheels Cobra

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by Real 65, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Real 65

Real 65 Well-Known Member

on ehay, item # 330338447608 Cool.

2. steveshelbymustang

steveshelbymustang Well-Known Member

I collect these cars also..unfortunately the one you speak of isn't rare. There's another one on item #250447487233. There is a variation in these cars to mention if you want to say rare.. the first 100 cars had chrome wheels instead of silver ..other than that they are all the same. The value of the car will probably bring about 20.00. If you miss bidding on these , just wait there will be those that are lose and like this mint on a mint package that appears all the time on WEBay!!!

3. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I have at least one of those.

If I could sell them for what this guy is asking then I'll have to start digging through my boxes of cars and get them on eBay! :blink:
    RS

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009
  4. Real 65

Real 65 Well-Known Member

So, if these 1 of 500 Hot Wheels sold for $50. each in 1995, why did the value go down? The economy?

5. steveshelbymustang

steveshelbymustang Well-Known Member

These were produced in limited quantities to help generate money for Shelby's Heart Fund in 1995. Not sure where the 500 limited number originated but I can assure you there were more than 500 produced. I believe eBay has sold that many this year alone. The market became flooded with first time buyers wanting to complete their collections. Once collectors got what they wanted ..the spares were sold thinking they would bring a higher price but when you see that rare piece on ebay in large quantities..rare ... is just another word not really meaning rare. Rare is a very common search word in the Hotwheels category.. Many sellers use that in hopes to spark a pandemonium of folks wanting to buy something really rare!!! Kinda like the stock market folks speculating crude oil. Tell someone its going to be rare and folks now a days rush out and hoard up all they can get their hands on with hopes of making the almighty buck!! Its really a shame the heart fund does not get any of the funds generated over the original sale count.

If someone told you they were limited to 500... well... they lied.. They didn't invent lying...they were just demonstrating what every Wall Street terrorist is doing today to the common man!!!