Join Shelby Forums Today

Carroll Shelby Charity Changes Name

Discussion in 'Shelby News Forum' started by rshelby, Jun 16, 2009.

1. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Carroll Shelby’s charity that helps young people is changing names and expanding its reach.

It will now be called the Carroll Shelby Foundation, to reflect its broadened reach into education while maintaining its work with children who are battling life-threatening illnesses. The organization previously was called the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation.

The charity will now fundraise to help children with scholarships and educational programs in areas of automotive study. The first program will be with Shelby’s auto-technology center at Northeast Texas Community College.

The foundation will continue to raise money to help sick children and support coronary and organ transplant research.

“This is an exciting time for the foundation,” Shelby, president of the foundation, said in a statement. “We’ve been trying for years to find ways to broaden our mission to continue helping kids later in life.

“The automotive industry has been good to me for many years. What better way to give back than through the support of education in the automotive field? Now we can take children from their first heartbeat through their educational years.”

Shelby started the foundation in 1991 after receiving a life-saving organ transplant. The foundation is based in Gardena, Calif.

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

A charity that helps with medical needs and also provides automotive education scholarships seems to be a charity with two unrelated missions.

I think it would have been better to set up a separate scholarship fund. Hopefully it works out.

robin

3. jeffhall009

jeffhall009 Banned

Yeah I think its good option which can provide you some good comfort.