Join Shelby Forums Today

brand new in box original 1970 shoulder belts

Discussion in 'Lost, Found & Looking' started by roddog186, Jun 8, 2009.

1. roddog186

roddog186 Member

Hello everyone, I just happen to have a pair of brand new in the original box shoulder belts from 1/26/70 part # C9ZZ-6560232-A. The tags sewn on belts say "SA-H8 Hamill 4-69 manufactured for Shelby-Automotive". They are the "Y" type belts with retractors and retractor covers. They bolt at retractor and 2 ends, and have a pin and hole type securing point. They are brand new! not cracked, deformed, rotten, moldy, faded, or any different than would be in brand new condition on the day manufactured! Never bolted down! Or out of box for more than 5 minutes! Retractors have been checked for proper operation, and are flawless as the rest of the belts! The box's do have some wear from storage, however, they have clear and legible dates and part #'s! I no longer need these belts and am willing to sell them. I know what they are worth so please do not email unless serious and have the money at time of inquiry!

roddog186@hotmail.com

I also have another set that are not in box's but are in the same condition and same part number that I will let go of a little cheaper. However, one of those is missing a retractor cover. When contacting me please specify which set of "2" you are interested in!

I placed the belts in the box on ebay. I have not yet listed the one's that are not in box's so please let me know if anyone might be interested! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
  2. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

They are worth what someone is willing to pay. :p

Good luck with the auction

3. roddog186

roddog186 Member

:guns: I hear ya! I am gonna see what people want to give me for them. I know the ones in the box should be worth a little more to someone, but I wanna see them get a good home over price. So many times nice items have been given to people by me and they end up rotting away :noway:

4. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

Just courious......... If someone is buying them to install into a Shelby, why would they want to pay more just because they are in the Box?

5. roddog186

roddog186 Member

I asked the same kind of questions at my first Barrett Jackson auction. It's hard to understand what good original parts are or what matching numbers matter. Then I started to try to find original parts! WOW, what a challenge! The parts I am offering are something that you cannot find anywhere else in the world! Nobody has them, or can produce them at any cost for those that wish to build an all original car. It's unfortunate that these things happen but thats the way life works. Imagine having a car thats worth $100k + and not being able to find the seat belts that were supposed to be installed into it. If you noticed I stated that one of the retractor covers is missing from the unboxed belts. That may constitute the change in $?

6. Coralsnake

Personally, I think you are going to have a tough time finding someone to spend $2500, especially without a picture. But, I could be wrong, it happened once before.

:laf:

7. roddog186

roddog186 Member

Thats why I am working on the pictures right now! Had computer troubles is what caused the delay! Well, If they don't sell I will put them back into storage until someone else asks about them. I have a guy coming to look at them tomorrow. He got offered $3000.00 for his broken set! Like I said, this is a deal for guys that are looking to build the perfect car and want it to be of show quality. :mad: I didn't make the parts or prices or stop the production. I am just a guy who kept some old belts that turned out being desired.

8. Coralsnake

Good Luck! Wow, that guy could sell his crappy ones for $3,000.00 and buy your perfect ones! He would be making $500.00

:doh:

9. roddog186

roddog186 Member

The deal is he didn't take them out of the car. And who said that the set I am selling him are priced at $2,500.00 anyway? Thats what the auction starts at for the set I have on ebay. I might have kept more than 2 sets of these belts! But thanks for guessing! :rolleyes: If you are not intersted in making an offer I do not understand why you are on here making comments? If the amount is too much for you then make me a reasonable offer. If that offer is not sufficient then the belts are not for you. I did not mean to offend anyone by offering seat belts at the going rate. Original parts are not a must have, anyone can feel free to stick with aftermarket products. Like I said, these are for a guy who wants the ultimate ride when it comes to clean original parts!

10. guker1

guker1 New Member

Hey i would like to say all the best for your auction