Join Shelby Forums Today

Aftermarket Wheels and Tires

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by SHELBY GT, May 21, 2009.

1. SHELBY GT

SHELBY GT Active Member

What size aftermarket wheels and tires are you running on your 2007-2009 Shelby? Post pictures if you have them.

2. 07SGT2762

07SGT2762 New Member

On my 07 Shelby GT I am running 20x9 in the front with 255 35 ZR20, in the rear 20x10 with 275 35 ZR20. Remember to keep your tire pressure sensor in service you must purchase larger bands they are available from Ford I believe its a Expedition that comes stock with 20's or the aftermarket bands are more reasonable. Good Luck

3. SHELBY GT

SHELBY GT Active Member

Where exactly are the tire preasure sensors and how much are they from Ford? Are they pretty easy to install?

4. 07SGT2762

07SGT2762 New Member

If you have a Shelby GT you already have the sensors, they sit in the middle of the rim attached by a metal band that wraps around the rim (The band is like a big radiator hose clamp) The sensors should be taken off your old rims and attached via the bands. I cant recall the price of the bands from Ford but they were expensive compared to the aftermarket bands.

5. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

If you look in the Shelby of the Month past threads there are a few Shelby GT's with aftermarket wheels and tires. Here is a picture of Rogers car. Carroll Shelby Signature Series CS69 20” Wheels in black finish, 8.5" wide fronts, 10" wide backs. BF Goodrich Comp TA KDW tradition thread tires, 255/35/20 front and 275/35/20 rears.

[​IMG]

6. Buck's GT500

Buck's GT500 Member

Look above at Buck's GT00 Post

Your Shelby would look great with the same wheels and tires I have.

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  7. SHELBY GT

SHELBY GT Active Member

WOW! Very nice, those wheels look a lot nicer on the car than I thought. I'm currently shopping for new wheels/tires for my Shelby. I actually like the polished wheels they come with just not large/ wide enough for me but I won't want to buy the same wheels in a larger size, seems like a wast. So I'm looking for an aftermarket wheel. This will take me a few weeks cause I want to spend my money wisely.

Bryan

8. Buck's GT500

Buck's GT500 Member

9. SHELBY GT

SHELBY GT Active Member

Buck,

Nice ride, I see your running 285 in the rear compaired to most running 275's. Do you have any rubbing problems with them that wide. Now I know what size I want to run I just have to decide on the wheels style.

By the way I pick up my Shelby GT tomorrow. When I come back to the states in Feb my plan is to add the SC and 6spd tranny which will make it a Shelby GT/SC. I'll post pics sometime tomorrow or Sat.

Keep the pictures comming if you all have them.

10. Buck's GT500

Buck's GT500 Member

No problem with 285's rubbing and have lowered the Shelby 1.5 inches with Eirbach Pro springs.

11. outlaw

outlaw New Member

Hi at all
    I'm new here. I'am from switzerland (europe) and bought at Houston, 3 weeks ago a 2008 Shelby GT500 convertible in black. At the moment the car is over the Atlantic sea and I hope that is arriving my home in three weeks.
    Now I have a question about aftermarket wheels.

Why I don't see any new Shelby with 22" rims? Everywhere I look I see 20" rims for maximum. Why ist that so?

I need a 22" rims like the Super Snake rims on my Shelby. I think this looks great. What think you about that?

12. Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor Member

Buck, i have an 09 shelby 500 with the stock rims and tires with the shelby/eibach lowering springs (1.5" front/1.7" rear). i recently purchased the 20" alcoa supersnake wheels.....but have not yet mounted them. still trying to decide on what tires to go with. anyways, i recently spoke with shelby and they said that anything over a 275 on a 20" rim, plus lowering springs,...will rub. you say you have 285's on 20" wheels and have never had that problem? how much clearance do you have between the tire and the sidewall? could you go larger than a 285?....oh, say...305's or would you have to put spacers between the wheel and the lug? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

13. NO5.0

NO5.0 Member

bUCK NICE RIDE!!! I have seen the ss wheels with 305/35/20 on the back and lowered with no rubbing so i think 285s are fine.