Join Shelby Forums Today

07 GT500 Wheel hop --Best new Lowers?

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by OSHELBYO, Jan 31, 2009.

1. OSHELBYO

OSHELBYO New Member

To solve the wheel hop issue...what is the best thing to do. I know a bunch of you are just changing the lowers. If so which lowers are the BEST to stop the wheel hop!

I do not want to change the car from looking stock...with height or anything...I just don't want the wheel hop.

Thanks,

OSHELBYO

2. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

The upper is a key part to stopping wheel hop also. I used Metco lowers and adjustable upper and wheel hop was completely eliminated. I did not notice any change in ride height.

3. gsharapa

gsharapa Member

All you need to do is put the Ford Racing lowering springs in and it will eliminate the wheel hop. I have a stage II kit on my car (pulley, cold air and tune) as do 3 of my friends and all we did was put the lowering springs in and all 4 cars do not have wheel hop any longer even with the 135 HP increase............

4. socalwrench

socalwrench Member

Changing the pinion angle will reduce wheel hop, as the axle housing tends to twist up and down under torque.

I would not worry about the lower control arms. I would buy an adjustable upper arm first.

5. frydguy79

frydguy79 Member

J&M upper control arm, get the adjustable one if you are going to lower the car ever, and J&M lower control ams, no need for adjustable ones there, and you are good to go, 5500 rpm launches with no hop:thumbup:

6. amar3549

amar3549 New Member

hey bud iv just got the same thing done to my car cold airintake, pulley, sct flash tunner, borla exhaust, highperformance spark plugs how much horsepower do you think i would be making now ? thanks ma n

7. baknblk

baknblk New Member

All that is needed for the wheel hop is a pinion snubber.