Join Shelby Forums Today

Anyone Know Bob D'Olivo?

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by ELJ1st500, Jan 9, 2009.

1. ELJ1st500

ELJ1st500 Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

Do any of you guys know how to get in contact with Bob D'Olivo; he's the former director of photography for the Petersen Publishing Company? A current e-mail address would be nice, and a current phone number would be even better. Please let me know if you can help me out with this information.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

I've been a long time subsciber to Hot Rod magazine. Seems there was an anniversary , 60th?, within the last couple of years. Seems Bob's name was mentioned with other photographers.
    So, I'm suggesting going to Hot Rod's website to see if the article is mentioned about HR's photographers. Might be the Petersen Publishing 60th or something like that.

3. ELJ1st500

Hello Rod,

Thanks for the input. Yes, I can find references to him on the internet in various articles from magazines that were published by Petersen. But, I have not been able to find any means of contacting him. I believe that he retired in 1996 and still lives in California.

Maybe one of the California members knows him and will chime in here?

Thanks,
    Eric

4. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

He is frequently seen around car events, particularly at the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles. I would write him care of the Petersen. If you're looking for an old picture,remember he was just an employee of Petersen Publishing and the bulk of his pictures still are with Petersen. But lately I noticed he is unarchiving some shots that must have been made before he was hired on by Pete. D'Olivo lives in Los Angeles.

5. ELJ1st500

Hello Wallace,

Thanks for the response. I may try your suggestion to contact Petersen Publishing directly.

Thanks,
    Eric