Join Shelby Forums Today

ED Morse Ford Miami, FL

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by mherman2, Oct 1, 2008.

1. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

I was going through all my 67GT500's history. The car was transferred from JD Ball Ford to Ed Morse Ford and then sold to it's first owner.

For anyone who's car originated at Ed Morse Ford, he sold the dealership 35 years ago and it became Friendly Ford in North Miami. From What I can tell it has changed locations or gone out of business recently.

If you click "Street View" on the link below you can still see where the "Ford" letters where on the building. You can click the printer icon and print it out. It may be a nice picture for your history book before it disappears. I am trying to find out what happened to the dealership, may have some old docs.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...6034,-80.155334&panoid=ksKRuYBS79Ve_D-579ub7g

Here is a Screen-shot, you can still see FORD

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
  2. Marc66Ford

Marc66Ford New Member

DO you or anyone else know what happened to J.D Ball Ford. I have the original owners manual for my 1966 Mustang and it says it was purchased from JD Ball Ford on 8-2-66. I have the owners name and warranty number. What is the best way to find information related to my car.

Thank you in advance for any assistance,

Marc

3. Grumpy

Grumpy Member

I lived at both dealers while I was @ college down in Miami in 66/68. Cobras and Shelbys galore at JD Ball. Test drove a 66 GT 350 and a 289 Cobra there. Family friend worked there. Damm that was a while ago !!