Join Shelby Forums Today

68 500kr found

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by BaaronVonCarey, Sep 23, 2008.

1. BaaronVonCarey

BaaronVonCarey New Member

Hi all,

I recently stumbled accross a 68 500kr fastback, and without giving to much info (yet) I'd like some feedback.

The vehicle is missing the engine and trans. Otherwise complete. Based on what i've read on this forum there is no reason to believe it is not authentic. Looks to have original paint (dark blue). The body needs a little work, there are a few dents, nothing major and the paint needs re-done. Interior looks very complete and in good shape.

In its current condition what is this car worth?

2. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

I am not trying to be rude, however, you need to read a lot more.

There is not nearly enough information in your post for anyone to put an accurate price on this car. It could be anywhere from $30,000-100,000 IF the car is authentic. What do you base it's authenticity on? Is there paperwork, a title history ? Does the information about the car match what the Shelby Club has on the vehicle ?

They did not make dark blue 1968 Shelbys. Unless you mean Acapulco Blue.

:ph34r:

3. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

Figure what a newly restored one goes for. Then subtract what it will take to get this one in shape from that figure and it will ball park it for you. Bottom line is what are YOU willing to pay for it.

4. John76

John76 Well-Known Member

You give two conflicting statements....based upon what i have read...and original dark blue paint. You need to search hard and check out the www.thecoralsnake.com if you are looking at 68's. Pete is the expert and his site is an education in its self. And Shelby didnt make a dark blue in 68. He made a night mist blue in 67 but not in 68. You need to take the steps to verify the car. Shelby number? Vin? You could post the Shelby number and the nice people here would look it up in there directory and give the info. Information is power. Good luck!

5. 70boss

70boss Member